Palomino showing

Visit site
Hi. I'm looking at buying a palomino youngster. (ISH X ID) To mature to 16/16.2hh ish.

What classes showing wise would she be eligible for. Would hunter/riding horse etc? Do palominos show in these classes? Or would she be refined to the colours/palomino classes?

Thankyou for reading.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
You can show her in any class you like, that she fits into on the regs. Some wont like the colour, but don't let that stop you til you get higher up the food chain in competing.
If heavy enough then hunter, or if more LW then RH class, as well as palomino classes - and the whole host of local classes too like family horse etc etc.

Visit site
You can show her in any class you like, that she fits into on the regs. Some wont like the colour, but don't let that stop you til you get higher up the food chain in competing.
If heavy enough then hunter, or if more LW then RH class, as well as palomino classes - and the whole host of local classes too like family horse etc etc.
Thankyou.
Good to know she could enter classes and it would just be down to judges opinion. Thankyou

mcnaughty

Visit site
Definitely no restriction on the palominos in any class (as far as the rule book is concerned) however, above RC level you would definitely struggle in all the ridden classes except perhaps workers.

Visit site
Definitely no restriction on the palominos in any class (as far as the rule book is concerned) however, above RC level you would definitely struggle in all the ridden classes except perhaps workers.
Thankyou.
I don't think we'd ever get more than a few local shows/agricultural shows.

Snowfilly

Visit site
The British Palomino society has it's own classes as well, and a national show with classes for different types.

You wouldn't be able to do coloured classes at most shows, but a lot of local ones put pallies, dilutes and Duns in with the coloureds so you can get an extra class in.

silv

Visit site
T

There’s a top quality riding horse doing the rounds at the moment that’s palomino, it’s with one of the producers as is winning at top level.

showjumpingharry

Visit site
T

There’s a top quality riding horse doing the rounds at the moment that’s palomino, it’s with one of the producers as is winning at top level.

It's called Chainmail, Robert Walker produces it, if we're thinking of the same one?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
CHAINMAIL.jpg

hattie2525

Visit site
I showed my palomino as a small riding horse, occasionally a small show hunter and then veteran at local shows and he did very well. He was always a bit like marmite but pallys do stand out in classes full of bays and we had some lovely compliments from judges who judge at county level although I wasn't big into my showing so never tried him at county level.

Just buy the golden horse and go for it! (but

Attachments

• salute canter.jpg
    salute canter.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 14
  • salute riding horse.jpg
    salute riding horse.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 14

silv

Visit site
This is mine, he did very well showing until an out of control horse collided with him in the ring. He got a terrible fright and was unable to gain his confidence back showing so sadly he is pretty much my trekking horse now which he loves. Never once did I feel we were penalised for his colour.

Attachments

• 30C7C22E-A65A-4B1B-9018-9CD73E6DBCE6.jpeg
    30C7C22E-A65A-4B1B-9018-9CD73E6DBCE6.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 19

mcnaughty

Visit site
My bad - there is ONE - I'll stand by my statement though that I don't feel that if you wish to show at an affiliated level a palomino will be looked on favourably by most judges. This could very well change though as Palominos in the M&M classes are now extremely popular.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
the M+Ms seem to be quite breed dependent still though, they still don't seem to like them much in the larger Welshes.

Maesto's Girl

Visit site
Try having a palomino Arab.....marmite colour AND marmite breed :D

We did qualify for a championship at the weekend in the coloured in hand class which will be against traditional coloureds so that can be done :)

Looking at doing some ridden showing now....just trying to decipher what I can do :) 23F_DSC_4571.jpg