Pammy Hutton clinics?

Michen

Visit site
Just booked Boggle and I on to one for February. Almost immediately felt pretty silly, pony has hunted all winter and is an Adrenalin junkie whose probably been in a ménage less than ten times since September.... I feel like I need to almost start from scratch with his schooling.

Not sure now about taking Bog pony to train with Pammy... interested to hear how others have found it, especially if you aren’t a dressage diva!?

Pic of my little dude and the underneck he has had great fun growing over a winters hunting...

C490AE94-1571-4D16-ACE4-2F8E10A31B73.jpeg

Wheels

Visit site
All you can do is try it! I hear mixed reports and that you need a thick skin so I have avoided personally lol but some people love her and get good results.

Let us know how you get on.

Michen

Visit site
Will see if I can drag a friend to video etc!

I probably won’t be at full throttle post ankle break either so with that and a hysterical pony it may not be 89 quid well spent but we shall see!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Have you seen the Omega All Stars Academy on H&C TV?, which was based at Talland? That'll give you an idea of what to expect.

https://horseandcountry.tv/omega-equine-all-star-academy/

ETA A younger, fitter me might have braved a Pammy clinic. I've been trained by dragon ladies before o_O.

'Use your blasted legs!!'

Last edited:

Bernster

Visit site
Ooh you MUST post a report warts and all please haha. Not that Pammy has warts of course...!

She scares the heck out of me on the H&C all stars academy so I don't think we'd suit. But she is very knowledgeable when she does the badminton dressage commentary. Have fun!!

Michen

Visit site
Have you seen the Omega All Stars Academy on H&C TV?, which was based at Talland? That'll give you an idea of what to expect.

https://horseandcountry.tv/omega-equine-all-star-academy/

ETA A younger, fitter me might have braved a Pammy clinic. I've been trained by dragon ladies before o_O.

'Use your blasted legs!!'

Yes I have seen bits of it! I am totally up for being critised in a less than polite way thankfully!
Ooh you MUST post a report warts and all please haha. Not that Pammy has warts of course...!

She scares the heck out of me on the H&C all stars academy so I don't think we'd suit. But she is very knowledgeable when she does the badminton dressage commentary. Have fun!!

Hehe, goodness knows what she will make of Boggle. He doesn't believe in trot at the moment and thinks life should be spent in canter... even when he decides he wants a drink in his field- must be cantered to!

SillySausage

Visit site
I was lucky enough to have a lesson with Pammy, I was terrified having had an awful morning which left me feeling like I couldn't ride a seaside donkey.

Decided I would go ahead anyway as I'd rather regret going than not going... turns out she ended up giving me a huge confidence boost! Said some lovely stuff about my riding and I'm not offended by people telling it to me straight, so her style suited me no end.

Go, try it. If you don't get on with her style, you tried :)

RachaelJC

Visit site
I haven't had a lesson with Pammy, but I ride at Talland and have been in the school whilst she has given lessons/coaching.

She is direct, but also points out the good areas so won't just be shouting at you all the time - overall she is very fair with her feedback and genuinely tries to help.

You'll have a blast and wonder what you were worried about on the drive home!

Auslander

Visit site
I trained at Talland years ago - Adam was our main trainer, but had a fair few lessons with Pammy, and I always came away enthused and inspired. She is very tough, but absolutely fair, and she is generous with praise when it's deserved. You don't get told you're great if you're not, and she doesn't pull any punches if you ride like a pleb or you aren't being fair to your horse - but she's a fantastic trainer - well worth the money.
FWIW - I found Gerry far scarier to train with! He is also fabulous, but very very blunt! He also took great pleasure in watching you come down to a fence, then, in the last few strides, he'd say "You're going to die..."

TheMule

Visit site
Pammy likes good practical little horses like yours, don't worry about that! Be honest with her about what you want to improve and she will really focus on that. You'll have a great lesson :)

superpony

Visit site
I trained at Talland years ago - Adam was our main trainer, but had a fair few lessons with Pammy, and I always came away enthused and inspired. She is very tough, but absolutely fair, and she is generous with praise when it's deserved. You don't get told you're great if you're not, and she doesn't pull any punches if you ride like a pleb or you aren't being fair to your horse - but she's a fantastic trainer - well worth the money.
FWIW - I found Gerry far scarier to train with! He is also fabulous, but very very blunt! He also took great pleasure in watching you come down to a fence, then, in the last few strides, he'd say "You're going to die..."

I love Gerry! He is so much fun and also straight to the point! I have never trained with Pammy but like others I have been in the school at the same time and watched her teach. She is always so enthusiastic whether you are a novice or professional.. I am sure you will love it.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
as a WP we would have fairly regular lessons with Pammy and Brian, always had a good lesson with her and had my best ever jump lesson with him (I have no idea how he got me to jump what I did lol) but all were a long time ago-go and enjoy it!

Lanky Loll

Visit site
My RC has regular sessions with Pammy and I've taken my ROR horse, a coloured cobby (yobby) ISH and my gingerwitch. She's been good with all - loved my TB. You get out of the session what you put in tbh, our sessions are group ones so she usually gives you something to work on, you go away and work on it then when ready come back to where she is (Talland indoor is 3 x dressage arenas so plenty of space) to get feedback, she will also prowl around the school and pick you up on bits. have fun :)

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Oh I am very jealous! I hope you both have a great time and I too can't wait to read the report.

She has always come across really fair but very tough and firm in anything I have seen of her and she seems to be so so knowlegable.

I really hope you learn loads and have a helper take lots of pics and share a massive update afterwards.

I to think pony looks great, if you wanna see bog horses, come see mine, complete with black bog dust, fuzzy furry bodies and way too long tails. The shine off your guy nearly blinded me!

Michen

Visit site
Thanks guys, I’m making a conscious effort to do more schooling and hopefully my riding will be a little improved by then as most of it is currently without stirrups! Will try and drag a friend with me to take videos etc :)

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Can't answer your question and it isn't something I would personally pay for with a green horse (too mean), but really, he IS looking a picture 👌👌👌

Goldenstar

Visit site
My view is Pammy loves horses and that’s something that’s important to me and is one of those people who is a bit marmite with people .
It’s hard work and she does tell it like she sees it she won’t be thrown by being presented within a horse who is hunting ( she has had those often from me ) .
She likes you to have a plan think about where you feel you need help and tell her .
Have a great time l

Wheels

Visit site
Just booked Boggle and I on to one for February. Almost immediately felt pretty silly, pony has hunted all winter and is an Adrenalin junkie whose probably been in a ménage less than ten times since September.... I feel like I need to almost start from scratch with his schooling.

Not sure now about taking Bog pony to train with Pammy... interested to hear how others have found it, especially if you aren’t a dressage diva!?

Pic of my little dude and the underneck he has had great fun growing over a winters hunting...

View attachment 28733

Hi Michen

Sorry for bringing up old thread but did you go to the lesson with Pammy and how did you get on?