Panic and rushed to vets ....... what an idiot LOL

NAJRBSJ

Visit site
Rushed Pip to the vets last night as when I got home her 3rd eyelid was closed over and her eye looked a different colour in the light - panic stations!
I'm not usually one to panic and rush to the vets, but having had a horse go blind from recurrent uveitis I know how serious eye problems can be.
Called vet, they agreed they should see her. I popped her in the back of the truck and by the time I got there she looked fine AARRGGHH

Poor thing walked in the vets front door and her whole body started shaking, she jumped up on my lap and whimpered.
Vet checked her over, put dye in her eye and had a good old look at it....... nothing, all clear :rolleyes: Pip then realised that the vet was fine and her tail started wagging again. What an idiot, bet the vets were laughing when I left, although they were very kind and charged me a standard examination fee rather than an out of hours.

I've never been an over the top worrier, but this pup is so special to me. She's going to be one to watch at her agility and we have so much fun. I am so worried of losing her, a friend recently lost her 2yr old to cancer and it was so sad :(

Does anyone else get like this or just stupid old me.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Did similar myself a few weeks ago for the exact same reasons, although the eye was swollen when the vet saw it. It was gone the next day.

timbobs

Visit site
I’m the same- it’s not worth messing with eyes!

Roxie got sand in her eyes while we were all staying away with friends and they were lovely and swollen. £180 later we had an emergency appointment and some drops from their local vet. Her eyes were back to normal the next day, but I would never leave sore eyes just in case!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I worry, but usually for good reason, my lot tend to have spectacular injuries, fish hooks stuck in them, skin on belly wide open, ripped off stopper pad, big hole in the axilla. Bloody spaniels! The injuries have reduced drastically since we stopped letting them motorbike round the woods.