Pant Y Sais Riding stables Jersey Marine, South Wales

MrsS1987

Visit site
I rode at Pant Y Sais From 1988 until they hung up their 'riding school' boots in 2001, I then continued to keep my horses there on livery until I moved to West Wales a few years ago.I first went there for my 8th birthday for a lead-rein trek around the mountain, on a gorgeous little palomino pony called Rosie, from the age of 9 till about 14 I had lessons every week, sometimes twice a week and spent every Sunday there from dawn till dusk, mucking out, grooming, cleaning tack, I'd have a lesson in the morning, lead the 1hr trek 1-2 (usually a freebie ride) then go on the 3hr beach ride 2-5 and if that wasn't enough time spent on horse back , we'd finish the day riding the horses bareback, back to the farm in the village (old yard) then catching a ride back to the yard in the back Stan's pick-up truck lol. I did three of their riding holidays in '92, '93 & '94 and would have continued that if my memory serves me right, they stopped running them after 1994/95. I also loved their 4hr rides on Boxing Day and the BBQ rides in the Summer ��.
I lived and breathed horses, and riding at Pant-Y-Sais has giving me the most treasured and happiest memories, it even brings a tear to my eye writing this.
I remember so many of horses and ponies and have quite a few pictures, from my earliest memories, there's of course Rosie, Honey, Amber, Cromwell, Wispa, Brenin, Marcus, Goldie, Leo, Fury, Squire, Daffydd, Badger, Jasper, Blue , Cloud, Mijas, Rocky (no tail), Gizmo, Captain,Copper, Brandy, Canyon, Prince, Ianto, Tito, Caesar, Sally, Gypsy and not forgetting my beloved Oscar, whom I bought from Julie (Pant-y-Sais) when the riding stable closed in 2001, I continued to keep him there until he sadly passed away in 2007 ��❤️.

I rode there for years. I adored the 3 or 3/4 hour beach rides and had weekly lessons.

My first ever ride was Prince - kept in the stalls black but greying he was lovely and always felt safe on him.

As I improved I rode Gypsy and Captain & Coral. I was only 8 or 9 and looked like a pea on a mountain on Captain but loved him to death. He always took care of me. Have photos somewhere. Must dig them out. Amazing memories of the riding school & the instructors.

Alice Mac

New User
Visit site
I rode at Pant Y Sais From 1988 until they hung up their 'riding school' boots in 2001, I then continued to keep my horses there on livery until I moved to West Wales a few years ago.I first went there for my 8th birthday for a lead-rein trek around the mountain, on a gorgeous little palomino pony called Rosie, from the age of 9 till about 14 I had lessons every week, sometimes twice a week and spent every Sunday there from dawn till dusk, mucking out, grooming, cleaning tack, I'd have a lesson in the morning, lead the 1hr trek 1-2 (usually a freebie ride) then go on the 3hr beach ride 2-5 and if that wasn't enough time spent on horse back , we'd finish the day riding the horses bareback, back to the farm in the village (old yard) then catching a ride back to the yard in the back Stan's pick-up truck lol. I did three of their riding holidays in '92, '93 & '94 and would have continued that if my memory serves me right, they stopped running them after 1994/95. I also loved their 4hr rides on Boxing Day and the BBQ rides in the Summer ��.
I lived and breathed horses, and riding at Pant-Y-Sais has giving me the most treasured and happiest memories, it even brings a tear to my eye writing this.
I remember so many of horses and ponies and have quite a few pictures, from my earliest memories, there's of course Rosie, Honey, Amber, Cromwell, Wispa, Brenin, Marcus, Goldie, Leo, Fury, Squire, Daffydd, Badger, Jasper, Blue , Cloud, Mijas, Rocky (no tail), Gizmo, Captain,Copper, Brandy, Canyon, Prince, Ianto, Tito, Caesar, Sally, Gypsy and not forgetting my beloved Oscar, whom I bought from Julie (Pant-y-Sais) when the riding stable closed in 2001, I continued to keep him there until he sadly passed away in 2007 ��❤️.
Thank you for this memory Dan:) I probably knew you from the riding holidays.. I did a week ‘92,’93 and ‘94 - I had Gypsy, Ianto and then Captain.. those holidays, going over the mountain, beach ride, the cross country course, going to the petrol station on horseback! And Stan and his red pick-up van!! Just magical memories during lockdown!!

Joanne sleeman

New User
Visit site
Thank you for this memory Dan:) I probably knew you from the riding holidays.. I did a week ‘92,’93 and ‘94 - I had Gypsy, Ianto and then Captain.. those holidays, going over the mountain, beach ride, the cross country course, going to the petrol station on horseback! And Stan and his red pick-up van!! Just magical memories during lockdown!!
Hi guys
I've lived in the village all my life and also practically lived up the stables...my absolute favourites were honey & Marcus...and Topaz ,but never rode her ..
Would love to see a Facebook group for us all to share memories & photos...the place is so so rundown, I was shocked and it upset me when I discovered it a few weeks ago ...could we organise a group?? Also I can ask on the Facebook jersey marine page if anyone has any photos
Thanks Joanne x

Alice Mac

New User
Visit site
Hi guys
I've lived in the village all my life and also practically lived up the stables...my absolute favourites were honey & Marcus...and Topaz ,but never rode her ..
Would love to see a Facebook group for us all to share memories & photos...the place is so so rundown, I was shocked and it upset me when I discovered it a few weeks ago ...could we organise a group?? Also I can ask on the Facebook jersey marine page if anyone has any photos
Thanks Joanne x
So sad to hear this:( I guess the land is now owned by a property developer awaiting permission to build? such a dream of an equestrian centre gone to rot? Please do set-up a Facebook group Joanne - I have photographs of the yard and the horses, from pony camp holidays and gymkhanas ?

j9bean

New User
Visit site
Hi guys
Thanks Joanne x
I did have allot of pics of some pupils in early mid 90s