Park Farm Northwood

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
After the other thread about your first remember pony you rode I wondered if :

Does anyone here remember any of the horses there or have pictures of any of them

I trained here back in 1979-81 I remember

Wireman
Kerry
Coachman
Pip
Glenn
Foxtrot
Monitor
Divot
Sky
Ni66er (yes that was his name)
Sheik
Oddie
Jigsaw
Puzzle
the 2 BBC horses
Jamie
Winston
Churchill
Pele
Sumwun
Florose
Cointreau

Any else know any more???

Last edited:

Tnavas

Visit site
I took my BHSAI at Park Farm in 79 - you might have been one of my guinea pig riders :D

Loved their cross country course too - came over from Chalfont St Peter for a couple of competitions.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I took my BHSAI at Park Farm in 79 - you might have been one of my guinea pig riders :D

Loved their cross country course too - came over from Chalfont St Peter for a couple of competitions.

Wow that is when i started at Park Farm, I must have been your guinea pig then hehe

vocalist

Visit site
I was at Park Farm in 1977-78 training for BHSAI and remember most of the horses names listed, although memory is hazy about their details, I still remember the horses and pony I was responsible for looking after. Divot was one of my charges at the time along with a dapple grey pony called Threepence, 16hh black Seaumus who had a hogged mane due to sweet itch and a chestnut thoroughbred x-racehorse called Dinus who was at livery and tried to bite anyone who passed his stable - spent every spare minute for a week with him to gain his trust!!

I am sitting on Divot in the yard in my profile pic and have photos of Dinus and Seaumus. While I was there, they discovered Seaumus had Navicular and were going to put him down but persuaded them to send him to Bransby Home of Rest for Horses to live out his days in retirement :) Happy Days!

vocalist

Visit site
I was at Park Farm in 1977-78 training for BHSAI and remember most of the horses names listed, although memory is hazy about their details, I still remember the horses and pony I was responsible for looking after. Divot was one of my charges at the time along with a dapple grey pony called Threepence, 16hh black Seaumus who had a hogged mane due to sweet itch and a chestnut thoroughbred x-racehorse called Dinus who was at livery and tried to bite anyone who passed his stable - spent every spare minute for a week with him to gain his trust!!

I am sitting on Divot in the yard in my profile pic and have photos of Dinus and Seaumus. While I was there, they discovered Seaumus had Navicular and were going to put him down but persuaded them to send him to Bransby Home of Rest for Horses to live out his days in retirement :) Happy Days!

Actually just checked and I was there in 1976-77 - have added an album to my profile with pictures of Divot, Seaumus and Dinus, may have others packed away somewhere.

Seaumus
attachment.php

Divot
attachment.php

Dinus
attachment.php

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
My sister Kim trained there doing her BHSAI in the mid-seventies it must have been around 75-76 she then went to teach on Camp America and has lived in the USA ever since. She bought a grey gelding from there called Star which I later had. I expect she will remember them, I'll ask her.

julie111

Visit site
Mum and I belonged to the riding club there in the 80's. We had our own horses so didn't know their school horses. I remember clearly mum being yelled at by Wendy May during lessons to have more control over her horse lol!

vocalist

Visit site
I remember Wendy May! She seemed to spend a lot of time yelling at us!! LOL
Have been trying to find photos of the house, stables, stirrup cup bar and the inimitable Wendy for a memory album as mine seems to be going - does anyone have any pictures of them please?

eggs

Visit site
Wendy May uses to terrify me!

I remember most of the names mentioned plus:

Chablis
Fudge
Tinker
Pandora
Lucozade
Tinker

julie111

Visit site
The only time I remember Wendy May being silenced was when she asked to get on my mums horse, Pali would never walk round the school he jogged, there were a few big jumps left up from the Lancia show and Pali took off and jumped one with Wendy! She never rode him again, lol

Moya_999

Visit site
There is a Facebook page.

There was a pony called Robin too
found this in H&H Archive

I remember little Cloudy! I didn't ride her much - maybe too big What about Honey, Robin, Lincoln, Sprite [BEST gymkhana horse!], Countess, Gladstone, Sgt pepper, Wireman, Puzzle, Moselle, Churchill....?

The posh horses too - Cider, Raffles, Oakwood, Sumwun, Rowane

I had a soft spot for a grumpy grey part livery called Hamish.

I love a good trip up nostalgia alley don't you

Last edited:

AJA

New User
Visit site
If there is a Facebook page please can you send me a link. I remember all these horses, I was a helper from 1976 to 1983 and retired Wishy & Puzzle 🙂 I spent every spare minute up at Park Farm and was only talking about it the other day and what a great work ethic all those years of helping gave me, not to mention fun and great memories 🙂 I am still friends with a girl who did the helpers course with me some 40 years on!! Still riding regularly too.

AJA

New User
Visit site
Thank you so much. Delighted to see a photo of Puzzle & have asked to join as I have quite a few pics of the Park Farm residents to share 🙂

vocalist

Visit site
Look forward to seeing the pics - I have a few that posted in the member album here - will get around to posting them on the FB page when I have a bit more time!

Yvettemg

New User
Visit site
After the other thread about your first remember pony you rode I wondered if :

Does anyone here remember any of the horses there or have pictures of any of them

I trained here back in 1979-81 I remember

Wireman
Kerry
Coachman
Pip
Glenn
Foxtrot
Monitor
Divot
Sky
Ni66er (yes that was his name)
Sheik
Oddie
Jigsaw
Puzzle
the 2 BBC horses
Jamie
Winston
Churchill
Pele
Sumwun
Florose
Cointreau

Any else know any more???

Hi, my name's Yvette and I was a working pupil at park farm late 70s early 80s. I used to look after blue, vicar, Romany and others. I remember riding Cointreau a beautiful chestnut mare. I'd love to know if any of the pupils I worked with are around.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
There are pictures of wishy on there and others also. and a few more staff working pupils are in that group a long with loads of pictures and Memories

Last edited:

Yvettemg

New User
Visit site
There are pictures of wishy on there and others also. and a few more staff working pupils are in that group a long with loads of pictures and Memories

Ah amazing, he was one of my favourites! Do you recall any of the names I listed as those I trained with at all?