Part loan contribution - 3 days pw

KatieDM

Visit site
Hi guys. Just jumping on to ask opinions on how this sounds. Thanks! —

Part loan x 3 days (shared with one other person who does the same on the alternate days).

Costs:
£120 pcm (every 4 weeks, so let’s say £30 per week)
£40 every 8-9 weeks towards farrier/shoes
£8 towards worming (not sure of exact programme for this/how often)
£20 towards teeth for the year
£8 my own BHS insurance…

I think that’s it! Need to double check. It was a quick initial phone call chat. Calling back tomorrow after I’ve had a think/to arrange to visit.

Usual jobs expected on ‘my’ days — riding (obviously), mucking out, grooming, hay nets, feed, poo picking and so on. Think it’s summer turnout.

Only need to go once a day, as owner has them on her own small yard. She sorts them in the mornings. All feed, hay, bedding, vet stuff, tack, rugs etc etc covered by owner.

If it’s relevant, I’m in West Yorkshire. Been a while since my last loan. Thanks in advance :)

ihatework

Visit site
Seems fine, only thing I’d be a little concerned on is the frequency of the farrier (that’s quite a long interval), so check horses feet - you could end up time off riding with lost shoes/lameness

KatieDM

Visit site
Seems fine, only thing I’d be a little concerned on is the frequency of the farrier (that’s quite a long interval), so check horses feet - you could end up time off riding with lost shoes/lameness
I did think this and wondered if it was more the payment schedule / split between the other loaner / sharer, rather than the frequency. But will ask this question! Thanks.