Partially torn dew claw - bandage or not?

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Hello all, just seen that Juno has a partially torn dew claw, so she'll be going to the vet in the morning but in the meantime should we bandage it? All help and advice gratefully received

{97702}

Visit site
Nope wouldn’t bother personally - every time I have tried it, it caused the dog more stress than leaving it be?

Mind you last time I had a dog with a problem the dew claw was at right angles, booked into the vet for removal the next day, dog removed the dew claw itself overnight with no blood or consequence - very economical ?

{97702}

Visit site
I have to admit it wasn’t what I had expected at all - the greyhound in question was quite a wimp! - but it was useful ?

I’ve tried to bandage up other damaged dew claws and it really has been a huge fail, so I do tend to let them sort themselves out until they get to the vet now!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
We didn't bandage it, took to the vets yesterday who snipped it off and said it didn't need anything on it. It does look sore but she's not limping on it, Mr JB took her out for a long walk yesterday which I didn't think was a particularly wise idea.