Pass Wide and Slow Facebook Page

Roxylola

Visit site
There's definitely been activity on there more recent than that. I have issues with some groups I'm on - can't see all the posts for some reason 🤷‍♀️

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I'm on the group.

My understanding is that Admins are not permitting any Blaming or Critical comments which insinuate in any way that the rider "should have" done this or "should have" done that. I fell foul of the new Regime when someone had put up some video footage of a Green horse (youngster essentially) with a Kiddie. They were on a main road, and a car had gone past very fast. I said that putting "Green on Green" on what was obviously a busy main road wasn't exactly the wisest course of action. My comment was disallowed/removed. Was told the reason it was declined was that the group ethos is that drivers should be considerate when passing horses. Whatever the circumstances. End of.

Can see where Admins are coming from; if someone posts a vid and immediately gets shot down then that isn't helpful and can destroy someone's confidence. However if someone does do something outrageously stupid then I do believe that some constructive feedback might be of assistance.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I'm on the group.

My understanding is that Admins are not permitting any Blaming or Critical comments which insinuate in any way that the rider "should have" done this or "should have" done that. I fell foul of the new Regime when someone had put up some video footage of a Green horse (youngster essentially) with a Kiddie. They were on a main road, and a car had gone past very fast. I said that putting "Green on Green" on what was obviously a busy main road wasn't exactly the wisest course of action. My comment was disallowed/removed. Was told the reason it was declined was that the group ethos is that drivers should be considerate when passing horses. Whatever the circumstances. End of.

Can see where Admins are coming from; if someone posts a vid and immediately gets shot down then that isn't helpful and can destroy someone's confidence. However if someone does do something outrageously stupid then I do believe that some constructive feedback might be of assistance.

They can't accept that there's very little learning to be had if the ethos is "all horse riders on the road are good, all other road users are bad" which is the way it was going years ago. Too many drivers already think that people on horses are entitled ar5es, whereas the reality is there are good and bad amongst all road users. Riders just happen to be among the most vulnerable.

The abuse I got by pm from the admins of that group after suggesting that good manners from one rider may mean another rider doesn't get hurt was quite something :(

suestowford

Visit site
There was a lovely post today on my local Facebook site thanking a motor cyclist for slowing down and waiting whilst her rather fresh horse moved into a side street.
The wife of the motor cyclist saw the post and said thank you

An outcome like this must improve relations between riders and motorists
Good vibes all round :)
In my experience, motorcyclists are the most considerate (in general) of all road users, especially to other vulnerable road users. I've ridden for many years and have only ever encountered one thoughtless biker. All the rest have been super.

Itsmediane3

New User
Visit site
The Pass Wide and Slow Facebook Page seems to not have had any new comments on it for the last two weeks. Anyone know what is going on?
Loads of posts on the group and especially regarding the sign written pass wide & slow buses that are going out across UK in August and the PWAS Awareness Rides in September

smith25670

New User
Visit site
Dunno, they blocked me a couple of years ago for daring to suggest riders should say thank you to considerate drivers.

Maybe they’ve all blocked each other?
Personally never seen them tell riders not to thank, thank is safe to do so is what they say I think

Time for Tea

Visit site
Good vibes all round :)
In my experience, motorcyclists are the most considerate (in general) of all road users, especially to other vulnerable road users. I've ridden for many years and have only ever encountered one thoughtless biker. All the rest have been super.
I think it’s because they are also vulnerable, so they recognise it in other road users. I imagine you have to be alert at all times, motor cycling. One could expand this theory. Drivers used to be more vulnerable. Rattly old cars, draughty, no seat belts, poor handling, thin metal cage around you. You were much less protected from the outside, much more a part of it. Now you are totally sealed off in a protected, padded bubble. The connection with reality has weakened. Not that I am suggesting returning to the days of the rust bucket banger. Although looking at my landrover, it may not be far away!

Chippers1

Visit site
My friend recently did her motorcycle test and they have an hour of training about how to drive around horses, i've often found motorcyclists to be better on the roads than most other users so this is probably why!
Better than the 30 seconds or so in the car driving training...