PASSED MY TRAILER TEST!

galaxy

Visit site
Had to share.... so relieved!!

Don't be put off my the reversing.... it's really not that bad. If you take it really slow you have loads of time and room.

The worst bit is trying to remembering how to drive like when you 1st learnt after 12 years of bad habits. I did a 12 hour intensive and the last 4 hours I did today before the test was pretty much fine. Got it all sorted yesterday.

It's daunting, I was always so put off, but now I've done it, it really wasn't that bad :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
Congrats. I didn't think it was too bad either. Reversing is definitely easier than trying to drive the way examiners like!

Where are you making your first trip to?

galaxy

Visit site
Congrats. I didn't think it was too bad either. Reversing is definitely easier than trying to drive the way examiners like!

Where are you making your first trip to?

Absolutely! All those mirror checks!!!!!!

Going to the beach next week :)

ROG

Visit site
fireworks9.gif
fireworks11.gif
fireworks10.gif

4525843307_477x265.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
:D
welldone.gif
:D

galaxy

Visit site
Thanks everyone :) I reckon I'll probably be more over the moon excited tomorrow when I get over my 4.30am start this morning that my brain decided to do to me so I could stress for a few hours!!!

jaysh

Visit site
Well done!
I am planning on doing mine soon, what exatly do you have to do in the test itself?
Do you have to reverse to hitch the trailer up in one go or are you allowed to get out and see how far you need to inch back?

galaxy

Visit site
You answer a few show/tell questions (fog lights, head rests, engine oil type questions)

Do the reversing exercise

Go out for about a 50 min drive

Hitch and unhitch the trailer (incl safety checks)

You can get out the car ONCE during the hitch up exercise. The car I used had reversing cameras as well as mirrors on the trailer and then I could put this magnetic pole on the tow ball to help me too!! My trainer told me to reverse as straight as I could to about 1 metre away from trailer. Then get out have a look, check hight of hitch/ball and then move it back. It has to be roughly over the ball, but you can pull/wiggle the trailer into position.

georgiegirl

Visit site
WELL DONE :D

Got my lorry test coming up soon so know what you mean about having to get into all the good habits again.

Enjoy your new freedom and what a great choice to go to the beach :)