Passport change of ownership question

spacefaer

Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue

I've just bought a horse from Ireland which has a France Galop passport. He was bred in France and sold as a foal to his Irish owner.
Any idea how I change the ownership on the passport?
I've looked at the France Galop website and all I can see is how to own a racehorse in France
I think I'm being thick 🙈🤣

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

Nasicus

Visit site
And hopefully you'll be able to help spacefaer with over stamping which came in more recently.
That bit is quite straight forward thankfully! Pick a passporting agency, fill out their overstamp form, give moneys and post passport. I had mine overstamped by the TGCA when I brought her over from Ireland and it was easy and painless which is a rarity these days!

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
That bit is quite straight forward thankfully! Pick a passporting agency, fill out their overstamp form, give moneys and post passport. I had mine overstamped by the TGCA when I brought her over from Ireland and it was easy and painless which is a rarity these days!
How much was it? BHS said only £20?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
The BEF will over stamp and change of ownership at the same time, it’s really easy and efficient. There’s no legal requirement to update ownership with the French, and risk you loose the passport. FYI it’s £30 with BEF.

As the French passport is not proof of ownership just an ID doc and the ownership is separate, I didn't have to send it off.

There is nowhere in the french passport that records ownership. Nothing gets changed there when ownership changes.

I not only updated the ownership, I also updated when he was PTS so this is recorded on the database.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Dex still isn't registered as being mine, it's been 6 months. I've also never changed any previous horses ownership details - am I being stupid here or can I continue to procrastinate on it?

marmalade76

Visit site
Dex still isn't registered as being mine, it's been 6 months. I've also never changed any previous horses ownership details - am I being stupid here or can I continue to procrastinate on it?

I haven't bothered with the last three I've had, two I only kept for 12 months and current one is an oldie, if I ever get questioned, I'll just say she's a loan 😁

Rob1585

Visit site
It is a legal requirement, but unlikely to get into trouble about it, unless you catch the authorities attention for something else. The more likely things it might cause you grief is claiming on insurance for loss of use/mortality if it’s not in your name. Also if you lost your horse, anyone checking the national database, your details wouldn’t be listed.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I would wait till you move house then do it 😃

good point!

It is a legal requirement, but unlikely to get into trouble about it, unless you catch the authorities attention for something else. The more likely things it might cause you grief is claiming on insurance for loss of use/mortality if it’s not in your name. Also if you lost your horse, anyone checking the national database, your details wouldn’t be listed.

He's not insured for LOU or death so not to worried about that - loss is more worrying

Barton Bounty

Visit site
good point!

He's not insured for LOU or death so not to worried about that - loss is more worrying
I didn’t remember that I had BB insured for death, which gave me a little more towards my vet fees. It was only when I claimed they told me, doesnt make it hurt less though. But I have insured Orby for the same

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I didn’t remember that I had BB insured for death, which gave me a little more towards my vet fees. It was only when I claimed they told me, doesnt make it hurt less though. But I have insured Orby for the same

I have found that with most insurances death has to be within BEVA guidelines, and if my horse had a snapped leg or something equally requiring immediate PTS, I am absolutely not wasting any time getting the ok from my insurance comapny to do it - hence I've never bothered with it.

Barton Bounty

Visit site
I have found that with most insurances death has to be within BEVA guidelines, and if my horse had a snapped leg or something equally requiring immediate PTS, I am absolutely not wasting any time getting the ok from my insurance comapny to do it - hence I've never bothered with it.
Ahhh mine didnt need that, they got the verification from the vet and all sorted.
Weird, why would you call them first? Surely you make the best decision at the time and then vet verifies it. Bizarre