Passport colour - what's the difference

PollyP99

Visit site
Hi, my new section d has a green passport have only seen blue for my loans - what's the difference?

Thanks

Rhodders

Visit site
my welsh has a green, shetland has a red and my no parents, not dob haffy has a blue - just depends who issues the passport

loulabelle

Visit site
Now I'm confused. My boy's is green WPCS but he's part bred??

I may be wrong, my full sec c has a green wpcs passport and i just presumed the part bred were a different colour...going by the newforest ones as my part bred new forest has a burgandy passport but the fully reistered new forest had a green one both from the new forest pony breeding and cattle society

Last edited:

PollyP99

Visit site
different passporting agencies have different colours, your green passort will mean he is a fully registered welsh if it was issued by wpcs :)

Thanks! Ah yes, issued by welsh pony and cob society - have googled and found her record - she has some very flashy relatives - must have jumped a generation - or maybe she's the milkmens! She's a cant jump won't jump scared of her shadow throwback! Bless her! Sweet though

http://http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&h=BLAENDARE+WELSH+ROSE&g=5&cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=

Last edited:
Visit site
Shetlands are red, welsh and dartys are green, fells are black and TB's make things difficult :D

The colour of a TB's passport is different for every year. So at the moment 3yos are lavender, 4yos are yellow, 5yos are brown, 6yos are white, 7yos are blue, 8yos are red, 9yos green, 10yos beige, 11yos are gold. All of these are back colours. When you go older it is full fronts as well. This is the colour code for all Wetherbys registered racehorses in Europe. French passports are sideways. But those bloody Americans! ALL of their passports are clear fronted with blue backs regardless of age.

FionaM12

Visit site
Shetlands are red, welsh and dartys are green, fells are black and TB's make things difficult :D

The colour of a TB's passport is different for every year. So at the moment 3yos are lavender, 4yos are yellow, 5yos are brown, 6yos are white, 7yos are blue, 8yos are red, 9yos green, 10yos beige, 11yos are gold. All of these are back colours. When you go older it is full fronts as well. This is the colour code for all Wetherbys registered racehorses in Europe. French passports are sideways. But those bloody Americans! ALL of their passports are clear fronted with blue backs regardless of age.

Mollie's is red but she's neither a shetland or a tb. :confused:

horseluver4eva

Visit site
Im not sure ive always been confused too! My tb has a white one and my old mare has a red one as we didnt know her breed... however we have now found she is cob x hackney

TandD

Visit site

but my wetherbys tb passport is beige, with a brown binding, however he is 13.......
he isnt a 'racing' tb, and part bred to i think, does this make a difference?

Barney&Buzz

Visit site

My dartmoor society passport is Pink! and my Irish horse Register passport is blue

muckypony

Visit site
My shetlands are registered and theirs are red. My old ponys was with the new forest pony & cattle society and it was pink!!

TirionWirion

Visit site
Hi, my new section d has a green passport have only seen blue for my loans - what's the difference?

Thanks
WPCS have green passport covers but the colour showing through the slit is different colours, so in effect the first page when you open up your passport. Pure breds are light blue and part breds are white. Your part bred will have W.P-B.R and then its registration number and name and the pure breds have the number and name.