passport help!!!

mrsjcmking

Visit site
So I had a huge fiasco with my ponys passport when i found out it was fake. The police currently have it as part of a huge investigation into some dealer...all very frustrating

What i want to know is can I change who my passport is with. Currently its with a spotted pony society which was disbanded in 2008. The police woman said that i had to send it to them for them to send me a new one, but if they don't exist how can I do that?

Can i send it to the british spotted pony society and have them sort it out for me, or would it be easier just to get a whole new one?

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
You should be able to send it to any passport provider, who will sort you a new one. I had a dutch one from the Irish Cob society there (for a fjord - work that one out!) and the UK Fjord Stud book sorted me a new one no problem.

riding_high

Visit site
sorry i wouldn't know who to send it to but surely if the police have it as an ongoing investigation you can't do anything about it anyway? you may find you'll have to wait until it's all over and done with before you can change it.

billy2

Visit site
You should be able to send it to any passport provider, who will sort you a new one. I had a dutch one from the Irish Cob society there (for a fjord - work that one out!) and the UK Fjord Stud book sorted me a new one no problem.

Why did you change it? Just wondered as my fieldmate has a similar passport (dutch, Irish Cob Society) for her Haflinger.

mrsjcmking

Visit site
sorry i wouldn't know who to send it to but surely if the police have it as an ongoing investigation you can't do anything about it anyway? you may find you'll have to wait until it's all over and done with before you can change it.

Yeah I know this...I was just thinking ahead!

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
most passports are a joke anyway. i would wait and see what police investigations find out. wont be top of their priority list though! keep hold of any paper work you have. and photo copy anything that needs to be produced. maybe you could microchip your horse and start afresh??

mrsjcmking

Visit site
most passports are a joke anyway. i would wait and see what police investigations find out. wont be top of their priority list though! keep hold of any paper work you have. and photo copy anything that needs to be produced. maybe you could microchip your horse and start afresh??

I have a reciept for passport. i was hoping i'd get it back as only a few are being used in the investigation, but still no sign of getting it back. I had him microchipped when I first bought him (before I knew the passport was fake) So I assume this will have all details or who and what he is (according to fake passport)

It says that he is a near leopard riding pony type. Well he's not a near leopard he's a few spot pony (bearing in mind he only has one spot on his foot excluding spots around bum, eyes and nose!) and I don't know how you class a 'riding type'?

This all confuses me...he's just my grubby fluffy little pony...the only reason i want to know is because im looking at showing him in hand and want to make sure I know where he is classed!

Ommadawn

Visit site
I'm curious why the Police are investigating, as it is Trading Standards who enforce the passport legislation....

mrsjcmking

Visit site
I'm curious why the Police are investigating, as it is Trading Standards who enforce the passport legislation....

They're trying to arrest the dealer that sold sammy. I bought him off a lady who bought him off a dealer (ignorant to horses she didn't know what a dealer was!) who the police have been investigating for a while.

apparently its a key bit of evidence - which is highly annoying for me! I just want to sort it out so i don't have to worry about it!

Cuffey

Visit site
So I had a huge fiasco with my ponys passport when i found out it was fake. The police currently have it as part of a huge investigation into some dealer...all very frustrating

What i want to know is can I change who my passport is with. Currently its with a spotted pony society which was disbanded in 2008. The police woman said that i had to send it to them for them to send me a new one, but if they don't exist how can I do that?

Can i send it to the british spotted pony society and have them sort it out for me, or would it be easier just to get a whole new one?

From Brit Spotted PS website (News page)

''The SHAPS Special Category Register:
This register which SHAPS held for non spotted & non spot bred equines is now being handled by Pet ID. For all matters relating to these passports, including transfers of ownership, please contact them;

PET ID,
The Barn,
Danworth Farm,
Hurstpierpoint,
BN6 9GL
Tel: 01273 837676
We are, of course, continuing to look after the Spotted, Spot bred & Appiano animals that were registered with SHAPS.''

I read that as:
If it is spotted to BSPS if not Pet ID

Also really curious about who said dealer is --a number already on my blacklist!!

mrsjcmking

Visit site

This register which SHAPS held for non spotted & non spot bred equines is now being handled by Pet ID. For all matters relating to these passports, including transfers of ownership, please contact them;

I read that as:

Also really curious about who said dealer is --a number already on my blacklist!!

Thank you! I think this is exactly what i needed to know! and SHAPS is the passport he's held with (apparently!) The only reason I knew it was fake was because of the year it was registered in, it looked so real, I even had vets sign in it for vaccinations etc!

No idea about the dealer, I bought him off a lady who had bought him from a dealer.

She was a bit of an idiot though. went to view them, was told they are really friendly and love being handled and when she asked if she could go in the stable with them, the lady said no but pressured them into buying Sammy (my horse) and another little dun pony. She delivered them to her and they bolted from the trailer into the field, not even tied up in the trailer. When i bought sammy i said he would need feeding up, her reply was "oh is he underweight" I calmly turned to her and said "You see those ribs sticking out? that means he's underweight!"

Glad she sold him to me, lord knows what state he'd have been in if not!

I can safely say he's a gorgeous pony now, and well loved!

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk

PET ID,
The Barn,
Danworth Farm,
Hurstpierpoint,
BN6 9GL
Tel: 01273 837676
We are, of course, continuing to look after the Spotted, Spot bred & Appiano animals that were registered with SHAPS.''

I read that as:

Ooo interesting stuff, wonder why NED hasn't got that info on their page

TJP

Visit site
Thank you! I think this is exactly what i needed to know! and SHAPS is the passport he's held with (apparently!) The only reason I knew it was fake was because of the year it was registered in, it looked so real, I even had vets sign in it for vaccinations etc!

If I have read this correctly the passport that the police have is false, therefore is not his actual passport. I would get in touch with the passporting agency, explain the situation to them and apply for a replacement one.

Cuffey

Visit site
If I have read this correctly the passport that the police have is false, therefore is not his actual passport. I would get in touch with the passporting agency, explain the situation to them and apply for a replacement one.

The passport is fake for SHAPS which no longer exists so she cannot go to them for help.

mrsjcmking Please could you PM me which Police force/Trading Standards are dealing with this and a name if possible
I update my own TS people with any bits of info going on so that they can watch out for similar passport problems at auction
Thank you

KarynK

Visit site
In effect this horse has no passport so it doesn't matter who you approach to get one. Though he may well have had one somewhere in the past!!!

Your vet will have a record of inserting the microchip, so I would find the cheapest society issuing general passports, most breed societies also do passports for horses of unknown breeding. Pick a society that allows you to fill in the description bit if you have a microchip this will save you some money.

Get hold of a description form and get the vet to fill in the microchip details then you can fill in the description which by the sound of it will be a case of putting red stripy lines all over the silhouette as he is all white. And now your horse is perfectly legal.

P.S. Nothing is on the NED it's a waste of space and no the passport system does not work properly as you are always going to get people using them fraudulently and there are not enough people enforcing it, horses are regularly being sold with iffy passports or ones that have never been updated - Buyers beware !!

mrsjcmking

Visit site
Hes not stolen I had that fiasco 6 months back but the.police said he's probably taken off the moors as he was wild when I got him so he has no other passport.

dandy38

New User
Visit site

contact Pet id. The Barn,Danworth Farm, Cuckfield Road, Hurstpierpoint,West Sussex. BN6 9GL. Email horsepassports@petworks.net.
I had the same problem as you and the lady there sorted me out with a replacement passport.
Sue

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
Why did you change it? Just wondered as my fieldmate has a similar passport (dutch, Irish Cob Society) for her Haflinger.

I was told that he had to be registered with a UK issuer, and I managed to track down his actual identity through the Dutch Fjord studbook. I passed this on to the UK studbook, who did me a passport. If your friend's haffy is from Holland, perhaps they have a studbook and would manage to give you her proper ID? The microchip number on my pony's original passport didn't match the actual chip (still not sure how he got through customs!), and the Dutch studbook man managed to ID from the proper number and his brand.

Hope this helps. Not sure about having to be reg. with a UK issuer though - I could have dreamt that!:p

KarynK

Visit site
There you go then, it's just a simple case of applying for a passport for any of the PIO's you like, have a ring round and see who's the cheapest and away you go.