Passport help.

Vic3gs

Visit site
Hi all, looking for some advice on our new pony’s passport.

We bought a fabulous pony a few months ago which is going great, the old owner passed on insurance, vet details, vaccine vials but couldn’t find the passport and knocked a bit of the price so we could sort ourselves, looked fairly straightforward so we moved forward with sale and brought her home.

Fast forward to now and we are having a nightmare finding her on any database, we have scanned her and she is microchiped but the passport society who she is with have not record of her, so we have her passport number (which old owner found out for us) her chip but nothing is coming up.

We also have her fairly extensive BS record so she obviously has been passported, we just can find it.

I believe it’s UELN number which will be the key but I have no idea on how to find it

Before I give up the ghost and register with a new passport does anyone have any suggestions or avenues I might have missed trying...

And if all else fails does anyone know how long it will take to set a new one up for her, we are meant to be at PC champs in a few weeks and I’m really worried we are not going to make it.

Fran'sMum

Visit site
It might be a long shot but I'm sure when I registered my daughter's pony with BS they needed a copy of the passport. They might still have it on file and could possibly give you some more information to pursue the passport issuing office.

Leandy

Visit site
I'm afraid I would find this suspicious. Are you sure the pony you have is the same as the one with the BS record? I'm not sure what you mean by the passport society "she is with" having no record? Its too late now, but I would not have paid for and taken home a pony with no passport. It is unlawful to sell a pony without a passport and a new owner is required to register the change of ownership within 30 days which you have not been able to do. It is also a legal requirement that the passport travels with the pony. As for the PC champs, you can get a new passport pretty quickly in practice but can you evidence vaccinations as required under PC rules? Sorry not to be helpful but a buyer of a pony where the passport is allegedly lost should ensure the seller obtains the new one and regularises the position to the their satisfaction before buying the animal to avoid a mess such as this.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Is it a breed society who issued the passport? Was the chip registered with a company?

For now I'd get a passport pdq and see if you can get the vaccinations details entered from the previous vets. If not then you'll have to start a new course and hope that 2 vaccinations on the new pasport is under the rules/regulations of the competition.

Vic3gs

Visit site
It’s definitely been a lesson learned for us.

It is the same pony with BS record, we are actually in contact with owners 3 X back and lots of videos, pictures etc she has quite an extensive competing history so lots to find online just not any passport details

In theory they didn’t sell her without a passport, she does/did have one it’s just lost and we needed to send off for a copy but like I said hindsight is a wonderful thing.

She was fully up to date with vaccines we had vials and vet history the last old owners and have been as helpful as they can be.

It is a breed society that she is/should be registered with.

Leandy

Visit site