Passport/loaning

lovecharles

Visit site
Due to lack of time, Charles is off on loan a week on sunday. Now i have seen that the owner has the right to be kept with the owner, but i'd have to post it off every time she needs it for vet and i think legally it is required for travelling?

What is the best thing to do,do you think?

SpottedCat

Visit site
I sent mine with the horse - it is not an ownership document and legally has to go with the horse, in fact legally the carer (so in some cases YO) should hold it.

I scanned a copy first though.

magicgirl

Visit site
I have a pony on loan and his passport has been back to the breed society and I am down as keeper. The passport must go with the horse.

D

Donkeymad

legally, it has to go and stay with the horse. A photocopy is not acceptable (but keep one for yourself)

beckieswann

Visit site
I have a horse on loan and I have the passort, as the passport must stay with the horse
smile.gif

Divasmum

Visit site
Whoever is the keeper of the horse (in this case the loanee) needs the passport every time the horse is travelled anywhere and for the vet. If there is a separate ownership sheet I would keep the original and put a photocopy in with the passport. Also photocopy the whole passport for yourself.

Cuffey

Visit site
As above, photocopy, associate yourself with your horse on NEDonline if you have not already done so--makes it more difficult for someone to sell on loan
Get a proper agreement drawn up, who pays insurance, what horse can/cant be used for
Ask to see household bills
Take pics of loanee with your horse
Take vehicle reg etc
Not trying to put you off but Missing on Loan is far too common
Keep in regular touch and visit

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
The original passport must go with the horse - so photocopy every page of it first and keep the copy of it in a safe place. The Pooice and Fair standard Trading officers will not accept copies.

Unfortunately we get regular reports of horses dissapearing while on loan.

Ask to see the original copy of the passport, driving licence and domestic rates bill of the person loaning the horse and photocopy them and keep them in a safe place.

Get your horse both micro-chipped and freezemarked on the shoulder before putting it out on loan.

Retain some of the horses mane and tail so that you have some of it's dna for identification puroposes.

Have the horse vetted before it goes on loan so that it's current condition is known.

Make sure that you have an agreament which has been checked by a solicitor in place and that both parties have signed it in th presence of a witness.