Passport question.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
My horse has come back off loan minus her passport, her loaner as lost it in a house move (aargh!)

I'm now wanting to sell the horse (very sadly) and I can't for life of me remember which passport issuer the passoport was with. I need to get her a new one, any advice or recommendations please?

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Get the vet to scan the microchip and look up who it's registered with. I would fully expect the loaner to cover all of the costs for this, as well as the replacement passport.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Cheers, I know, loaner should step up but she has big financial issues which is pretty much why the horse is back. She's done wonderful work with the horse and brought her on miles better than I could so it seems unfair to put pressure on her about the passport. So it sounds as though I need to get the vet in to find and track the microchip.

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Surely tracing the chip will only tell you which micro chipping company it’s registered with not the passport company?

OP you could just explain to the vets that it’s been lost, you do not know the issuing agency and could they do her a new passport which will be issued as a replacement passport! I’ve had one pony who’s passport was lost, we just applied for a new passport which came back as a replacement.

Visit site
Surely tracing the chip will only tell you which micro chipping company it’s registered with not the passport company?

OP you could just explain to the vets that it’s been lost, you do not know the issuing agency and could they do her a new passport which will be issued as a replacement passport! I’ve had one pony who’s passport was lost, we just applied for a new passport which came back as a replacement.

This. If she wasnt registered in a pure breed stud book then you can get a duplicate passport from anyone provideo you have a microchip number and markings form. Pet passport are the cheapest I think though anyone can issue one.