Passport

sprite1978

Visit site
I bought an ISH in 2011 from Ireland and probably about 2 months later sent the passport off to the IRISH HORSE BOARD. (Don't think if was Horse Sport Ireland at that point?) anyway, the passport came back and all was well. Anyway, I'm now getting ready to sell the horse, and I've just got his passport out, but it doesn't look as if it was ever updated with a change of owner! I've just printed off the form to send it off again, but you now need the signature of the previous owner!

Any suggestions? Has anyone recently managed to have change of ownership on an Irish horse without the previous owners signature?

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
So, a small inky scribble is not good enough? It might be there, you just did not look hard enough, or is it the fact that the change of ownership has not been recorded, not too sure how it works, after all UK dealers don't usually follow procedures exactly as it would mean they have no passport to show if a purchaser turns up.

stormox

Visit site
Ring the horse board (theyr very helpful) and explain the problem. Usually when you change ownership with them, you dont get a 'small inky scribble' you get a printed label stuckon the passport next to breeders label. (As long as you sent the appropriate fee- I assume ur cheque was cashed?You could check that with your bank).
It may have been updated on their system but someone forgot the label, or it came off.