Pathetic whimpers from Box of Frogs

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Well. It's midnight and I've been home half an hour. Consultant says "significant impact injury" and I have to go back in tomorrow (Sunday) at 8am for GA and explore {{shudder}}, clean out and stitch up. They aren't sure if the circular patch of skin in the middle is still viable. If all goes ok, should be home same evening. They let you home if, after 4 hrs post op, you can eat, drink, walk about and not throw up.

Alert for everyone: check your hat regularly! My hat was on but in the fun and games, I think the peak hit Sunny's neck and somehow pulled the plastic click fastening under the chin free. So my head hit the tarmac before the hat, which landed 4 feet away! My fault, not Sunny's. He was fresh and enjoying himself. Another fresh ned came up alongside and I think Sunny thought "game on" and wanted to turn it into a race. He took off in canter and when I tried to say no, he stuck his head between his knees (in canter!) and pulled me out of the saddle. Hat flew off, I frantically tried to grab hold of something, didn't succeed and Sunny decided he didn't like this flapping thing round his neck, spoiling his racing game so he bucked. Cue Barb, hat and Sunny to go their separate ways.

HTG - Llwyncwn was brilliant and talk about the 5th cavalry! Half Ammanford stopped to hold horses, offer tea, ask if they could help. Isn't it an amazing part of riding how everyone rallies round whenever anyone is in trouble. As Llwyncwn says, Pedigree Chum lorry coming to take Sunny away Sunday (bless!).
wink.gif

I am absolutely gobsmacked at all the wishes from everyone on the Forum. Just mad old me with a bump on the head, but so many wonderful good wishes. Thanks everyone and as a treat I'm NOT gonna post pic of my head that OH took in A&E so I could see it!
frown.gif

Huge thanks again, and btw, Sunny is fine and another livery is gonna take him out Sunday to give his get up and go a work out. He's 23 for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

alison247

Visit site
Glad that you are home!
V surprised they didn't keep you in as you are having GA tomorrow.
Have they told you not to eat? from when as you must be starving.
Good luck for tomorrow. Oh and BTW I would like to see injury pic. I love a bit of gore!

Bucephalus

Visit site
I hope you have a speedy recovery and all goes well. Pleased to see you're well enough to post at this hour
smile.gif

Better check my hat tomorrow!

amycov

Visit site
Glad to hear that you're okay...ish
wink.gif

Hope all goes well tomorrow and you get out nice and early so you can have an early night to help recover from your happenings
laugh.gif

Ravenwood

Visit site
What a great post!! So wonderful to see you on here after your ordeal.

Lots of luck for tomorrow - here's hoping it all goes AOK
smile.gif

palomino698

Visit site
Great to read such an upbeat message after a really rather nasty fall, spoiling poor Sunny's fun!

Seriously, thank goodness you are able to update us at all, and I hope you recover very, very quickly. Wishing you a good night's sleep and the very best for tomorrow morning.

jvoyce

Visit site
I'll be thinking of you in the morning BoF. I can't believe you took time out to comfort me when you have the pain of landing on your head and a GA to think about.

And hope you have a good night's sleep in the meantime. J xx

Llwyncwn

Visit site
So glad you are home Barbs and in good spirits, you and B had a very long day and night. Cant believe you didnt get home until midnight! Did they let you have a cuppa eventually? There has to be a positive and a moral to this experience, makes you think doesnt it.

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful HHO vibes, Barbs is a wonderful lady and thoroughly 'good egg'. In fact, she is probably the kindest and most caring person I know. x

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Horses, DUH!!!, he just had to chuck you off on tarmac didn't he? What was wrong with a nice soft patch in a soggy field, there's enough of them around. Wishing you all the best today and a speedy recovery.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Yay! The B_o_F is back and okay
grin.gif
GA apart admittedly
wink.gif

So pleased hunny, was thinking about you all yesterday evening.

As to Sunny, well the poor lad, there he was, just going for a little bop down the road and he gets a flapping thing round his neck!

You won't get this 'till after the explore of the nether regions of your head today, but will be thinking of you and keeping all m'bits crossed that you don't fall off the trolley
wink.gif

Hugs, C.x

Angelbones

Visit site
Thank goodness you are safe and well (sort of!) and sound to be in good spirits. A close shave me thinks.....and toddles off to check own hat.....
Hope you are 100% soon. x

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Oh I'm so glad to hear that you're ok - I'll be thinking of you today when you go for your op
frown.gif

(Another mad hho-addict posting following trauma! LOL!)
Sending you a gentle (hug)
Kate x

amc

Visit site
So glad you're OK BoF and hope everything's good this morning, look forward to updates asap, take care, Ann X