Pau 5* results

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Having seen the fall on Youtube, I can understand why he did not pull up when the rein broke, but personally I would have been looking to go find out how the horse was rather than throwing whip, bib, air jacket on the floor.

And yes, I had a horse fall at a 3 day where I was battered, and the doctor had to chase me as I was sprinting after my horse, so I can say that with confidence!

mle22

Visit site
I think he should have pulled up when the rein broke. He could have killed someone in the crowd or himself or his horse. As for his apology, I’m sure he was angry with himself, but I can’t help but feel his first and instinctive thoughts should have been for his horse.

Leandy

Visit site
The footage is astonishing. I was amazed the horse took off into the wall in the first place! I was left thinking that that is what adrenalin does. I can imagine the same may apply to the rider. It must have been a terrible shock and the reaction was an adrenalin fuelled heat of the moment.

AnShanDan

Visit site
I also think he should have pulled up. He clearly didn't have control and it's just luck that the obstacle the horse attempted left him fairly unscathed. It could have been so much worse, not least if the horse had jumped into an area with people.

Pau is such a lovely event, very laid back and uncrowded, sunshine often too :)