Pau Horse Trials XC - not a dressage competition

JCWHITE

Visit site
Armada on course
My ponies tail is silver and will get the bucket later, Oslo, 44.2 goes first.

Last edited:

JCWHITE

Visit site
Armada still galloping over 24, full of running,making it look easy! AN has 3 rides, as does, WFP, AN gets the turn in at 28, slows right down for the first part, flies the last,57.6 and 4th

Some of these French riders frighten me.....

fence numbers and flags flying everywhere!

What brilliant honest horses they ride!

Last edited:

JCWHITE

Visit site
10.39 is the optimum time and Born Again, Spain, was dead on that!
WFP first and second for the moment.

Serious heat on course,intense sun,wonderful ground is reported by Joe Murphy who is talking now.

2 hours from Pau, I can agree with his weather report!

Technical issue with a jump is the reason for hold.Duck Jump.

Its not the duck, its the Badminton house jump, going into the lake, which had a had a couple of hefty forward shoves by two well known riders!

Last edited:

JCWHITE

Visit site
thanks, its the Queen Mother i want to see, and the chases from Cheltenham, but in the name of H and H, i will carry on watching Pau for you, and hearing all about the Pau cocktail parties, and the great organisation, which is why apparently all the best riders in the world go, according to the co commentator on Fei tv!
Been for tea and pee, course still on hold, my horsey wont be getting a full wash today by sounds of it!

OMG, this being France, the chain saw is out at the triangles fence!

JCWHITE

Visit site
Whats worrying me is that according to earlier commentary the sun gets very low quite quickly.
The Badminton fence thingy is being propped up by some wood,there are a lot of officials around it,and another chain saw is at work....theres only the once French rider on course, Jon Luc, he has warmed up and stood down again.
Wendy Schaeffer ?, is held at the start.
Hopefully not long now before we get going.

Fence kind of mended, drilled and screwed,discussion group around it, poor Jon Luc has got to get going again,he is under shade, more wood arriving,course builders making sure the fence is safe and well mended to continue.
Wendy has gone back to the shade or collecting ring.
The ground beneath the fence means the fence needs to be moved a little bit, the Fei tech delegate is involved, making the question a little bit different.

Last edited:

kerilli

Visit site
drats, i've been busy and missed Armada, my fave horse in the world, hope i can watch it later on FEI tv or i'll be seriously miffed. i subscribe so it'd better work!
wish they'd show highlights and/or incidents during the hold, not just fence repairers... :( :(

JCWHITE

Visit site
Again the commentators are talking about the sun being in your eyes for the jumps and how fast the sun falls.Also how cold very quickly, which i can endorse!
Looks to me like its running nearly an hour late.
OK, fence looks done and ready, officials have dispersed
French are on their way again, poor man.

fence 21 has been taken out of the course.

B element stays in

Last edited:

JCWHITE

Visit site
I THINK, she fell at a twisty turn into a narrow fence on a steep downhill, causing quite a lot of hooking back on approach to the first element, also looked like BP was restricting her getting up asap.Looked ok her and horse though, quite near the end.

Wow more hairy riding, French again!, nearly took a tree out, then called a cab....
Fence 21b is jumping easily now.

Last edited:

JCWHITE

Visit site
Bendigo on course now
Nearly got a minced Steward who got in the way...
Eric from France has fallen.

Last edited:

ajf

Visit site
Well Frankel won that really easily! He is such a class horse, never looked like he was trying but just effortless! :D

JCWHITE

Visit site
Ruth on course, Bendigo going well.
Chris Burton starts
Karin Donckers into 19th
AJF, thanks for that, Pau on the big screen so will have to watch the race later

Last edited:

JCWHITE

Visit site
Bendigo perfect at the tricky last combination,just over time,45.7 and 2nd now
Ruth getting after her horse,3 from home, looks tired,6700 metres in heat,47 seconds over,65.0 and 11th now.

Last edited: