Pau the aftermath

lucretia

Visit site
right here we go, apologies if i get some fences wrong as the commentators didnt always appear to know either and clearly i couldnt see it all!!
clayton and Frog are fine, he hit one hard and clayton came off. Pippa and ensign are fine, he was naughty and ran past last part of the water jump at six (which you cant see on my post from yesterday) and she didnt think it worth carrying on after such an early penalty. mary king made a rider error (she said!!) at the table corner combination that i mentioned before at 13 and 14 and cavvy couldnt get to last bit. she was originally credited with two stops on kings fancy but said she took loads long routes so that might be commentator mistake if not on final score.
Kit fell on the flat between 16 and 17 the two vicarage vee fences when clear. i think both fine. Emily baldwin has a black eye and a cut under it (drive time may have caught her with his hoof)but are both fine other than that.
big Will got give a twenty late on for crossing his tracks after i dalgo fell all over first part of second last so will pulled him away from second bit.
Ginny Howe had a fall off cavort at second water i think but both just bruised i think. Joanna Killins horse slipped on the slope after the bounce at four and fell and she came off. i know they are both fine as i helped catch horse after.
Zara had bad fall off tsumami, think has broken collar bone and but you all will know what happened for certain before i do cos the telegraph has a reporter here and the usual paparazzzi were lurking so bound to be in papers tommorow.
anything else?

Lizzie2106

Visit site
Hope Zara's OK
frown.gif
It hasn't been a great year for her and she's never lucky at Pau.
Glad to hear everyone else is fine and thank you for the info.

annie083

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I've just read Tsunami II has been PTS
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i've just read that too
frown.gif

thanks lu for the update, glad to hear majority are fine. I knew it would cause lots of trouble by the looks of your photos and the way you described the course! bloody well done to those that jumped clear!!!

ElleJS

Visit site
Just had a text from Ginny saying about Tsunami, poor Zara, my heart goes out to her, and I was complaining at how s**t my 2008 event season was but pales into comparison.
frown.gif
She says Zara broke her shoulder, but could be collar bone I guess.
Thank you Lucretia for updates

JCWHITE

Visit site
Lucretia, off topic, I have been on a photo shoot, for Tourism Equestre in the Dordogne, so lucky to have been asked, spent a delightful day riding round all the best Chateaux!!!, but will be at Pau next year, its a date.JC

Eventerlad15

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh crap, poor Zara and horse (and owners).

does anyone know how ruth got on? Did she get around xc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mayhem went clear with 6 time faults, Dumbledore had a stop at the last water and had about 15 time!

HarrieC

Visit site
hey, can someone please tell me what happened to emily and drivetime. Just looked at the results which said she fell, i work for her and just wanted to make sure her and ozzy are ok? thanks H x

Eventerlad15

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hey, can someone please tell me what happened to emily and drivetime. Just looked at the results which said she fell, i work for her and just wanted to make sure her and ozzy are ok? thanks H x

[/ QUOTE ]

The had a fall aat the skinny brush in the last water.

ajf

Visit site
Harrie Emily and D fell at the 3rd water (i think). Its a big drop in then 2 fairly forwrd strides to an angled skinny thing. He tried for 3rd stride and just roll over instead, but both got up straight away

lucretia

Visit site
ruth was clear on mayhem had a stop at the fish in the water where emily had her fall on mr dumbledore. i did know about tsunami but figured it wasnt up to me to tell you all if it wasnt common knowledge. zara hasnt broken anyhting worse than her collar bone as far as i know, if she had a broken shoulder she would be in hospital but hasnt been at all yet and is flying home tommorow. gutted for her.
sam watson was eliminated at the last part of six where he actually jumped it but the horse seemed to swerve on lannding and he came off. he said it was his own fault.
DRIVETIME i repeat he fell at the fish in the water (part b of third water. He looked to jump in a bit steep was too far off for two strides tried to chip in a third and hit it. my photographer friend has the whole action sequence so that is one i am quite sure of.

flohelf

Visit site
Thanks for the report Lu !
Certainly sounds like xc more influential this year than last.

I wished there hadn't been any casualties, meaning poor Tsunami... RIP poor boy.
Hope Zara's injury is nothing too bad.