Paying for use of school

fizzer

Visit site
My friend is at a yard that she pays for stable and grazing per horse. Yard owner is now thinking of having a school put in. She is under the impression from YO that she will have to pay everytime she uses it!! she has quite a few horses there ranging from retired horses to youngsters so paying extra per horse is really not a good idea for her.

I suggested perhaps giving YO a fixed amount each month!!

How does everyone else pay/use their schools in this situation.

miss_c

Visit site
I don't pay extra to use the school - it's included in my livery. I would expect to pay less however if there was no school, so perhaps the YO should put the livery up instead.

tigerlily12345

Visit site
at ours it was £90 per month (stable+turnout) £40 (turnout+no stable) then went up to £100/£50 when the farmer built the arena (now at £110/£60 due to VAT etc) but everyone pays the same. i have a feeling some people have an agreement to pay less and not use the arena but not 100% sure. fairly sure most people use it, even youngsters.

blood_magik

Visit site
its included in my livery although the riding school has priority and sometimes you cant get in to school until after 9pm due to competitions/lessons/clinics etc

welshcobmad

Visit site
We have to pay £4 per half an hour ontop of livery, no floodlights so only useful in the day. Within your half an hour you also have to put up & down any jumps you use, so unless you have help, its pointless after sorting the jumps and warming up. If you run over by 5 mins she charges you - its all on cctv which is rewound!

fizzer

Visit site
I agree that its usual to be in your livery cost, her worry is she pays alot now so for the retired horses ( she has 3) 1 shetland she would never use it for. just the 2 riding horses.

YO will obviously put the rent up when school is put in. Looks like she will have to look elsewhere if it does not suit.

Batgirl

Visit site
We have to pay £4 per half an hour ontop of livery, no floodlights so only useful in the day. Within your half an hour you also have to put up & down any jumps you use, so unless you have help, its pointless after sorting the jumps and warming up. If you run over by 5 mins she charges you - its all on cctv which is rewound!

OMG this is a bit scary! lol (though handy if you ever fall off, you could recoup through uve bin framed)

Use of all facilities at our yard are included, walker, school, lights, t/o etc. We only pay if getting yard to do it (i.e. put on the walker not for use of the walker). I love my yard.

Sealine

Visit site
Where I am use of school is £2.50 for 30 mins including lights if needed. IDY livery is quite cheap at £22 a week for stable and grazing.

neeny5

Visit site
round me you normally pay extra on top of livery for school per week, cheapest is around £12 then lights on top of that, and most places you have to book it. I can use my school for free as much as i want when i want, no other liveries really use it to be honest.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Every livery yard I have been on the use of arena is included with the livery price, I would begrudge paying extra for arena use. Floodlights have always been extra which I totally agree with.