Payment before transport.

Myma81

Visit site
I'm ready to arrange transport for a horse I'm buying.

Do I pay for her in full by bank transfer and trust that she will be delivered to me?
Do I ask for a written receipt or is it okay via text.
I've never done this before and I'm anxious that it might not go to plan.

Looking to use Pony Express UK for transport. Any idea whether they are a decent company?

be positive

Visit site
The vendor will not let her go without payment, from that point you are the owner and your contract for safe delivery is with the transporters, no idea about them so maybe a thread in tack room would help, I would want the vendor to put a written receipt in with the passport so everything arrives together, the receipt is your proof of ownership not the passport.

I assume the vetting went ok, good luck with your new horse, I am sure it will all go to plan.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
My youngster came from Germany, payment was wired to the seller a few hours before the transporter arrived and insurance was arranged to cover him as soon as payment was made. I find it unlikely any seller would let a horse leave their care without full payment.

Kahlua

Visit site
My youngster came from Germany, payment was wired to the seller a few hours before the transporter arrived and insurance was arranged to cover him as soon as payment was made. I find it unlikely any seller would let a horse leave their care without full payment.
Sorry to hijac as this is off topic but may I ask what insurance you used? Will be bringing over a young one soon and am researching this currently.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Sorry to hijac as this is off topic but may I ask what insurance you used? Will be bringing over a young one soon and am researching this currently.

We’re with SEIB and have been since he was 7 months old. They were happy to cover him for any external injury that may happen on his way over, which was reassuring given he was my first import and I was already a nervous wreck!

Myma81

Visit site
Talk about nervous wreck, I've felt that way for the past week. I've not slept a wink and I'm exhausted lol

Kahlua

Visit site
We’re with SEIB and have been since he was 7 months old. They were happy to cover him for any external injury that may happen on his way over, which was reassuring given he was my first import and I was already a nervous wreck!
Thank you that’s really good to know! That is one of my big must haves. I’m also quite nervous ?

Visit site
Remember, if you choose a reputable transporter, they do it for a living! No need to be nervous!

We had our four moved 1,000 miles from the UK to Denmark a few weeks ago, one of ours is in his 30s (and flipping loves travelling so we had no hesitation moving him!), they all arrived in perfect condition (and they are all uninsured).

Visit site
Im not sure of any transporters that dont request full payment before departure, every horse ive ever had transported had to have their transport paid in full before the horse had been collected. Make sure you are using a reputable firm.

Geordiegal

Visit site
I paid for my horse and the transport on the day, so everything was paid before arrival. I guess people will have refused to pay on arrival in the past x