Paypal/Ebay

Always-Riding

Visit site
I've got a saddle listed on ebay but someone has asked to have a buy it now price which I have agreed.

They want me to send an invoice via Paypal. After being conned when buying a saddle I'm a little wary now!

They want to pay then get a friend to collect, which again is fine. But to cover my back - I'm thinking of getting the friend to sign a "Sold as seen" contract. Will this stand up to paypal if they buyer is not genuine and claims they haven't recieved it etc..?

WelshD

Visit site
This may be the wrong way to go about it but personally I would add an ebay buy it now listing with photos and a list of any inperfections and get them to buy that way

You will pay ebay fees but at least you have evidence of what they bought

Another way to do it may be to get the person collecting to sign a 'sold as seen' bit of paper but include the original ebay listing number on there with wording such as 'sold as seen, previously listed on ebay with photos and a list of faults, buyer has read and understands this listing. listing no XXXXXX'

twobearsarthur

Visit site
Make sure you add the buy it now to eBay and not do it off the books for want of a better term as you won't have any protection and it is against ebay a terms and conditions. As long as the saddle is as described and you sell it via eBay you will be protected. "Sold as seen" isn't worth the paper it's written on as who's to say what the buyer saw?

nixxyz

Visit site
Hi, Ebay are really clamping down on items being advertised and then sold outside of them. It is against their terms and conditions, but i do know lots of people do it.
Best thing to is to end the current listing, Re- list it with the new price as a normal auction and tell the interested party to bid, then you can end the listing and sell to the highest bidder. That way your covered via Ebay and paypal.

Custard Cream

Visit site
Do not allow them to pay via PayPal and then collect in person. You will have no evidence that they have taken the saddle. They will then go onto PayPal and claim their money back saying they've not received it and PayPal will find in their favour - you MUST have tracking for PayPal to find in favour of the seller.

Alternatively, put a new listing on ebay for the saddle. They need to purchase it that way and then pay cash upon collection.

Always-Riding

Visit site
Thankyou. I have just messaged the potential buyer saying that although I had originally agreed to paying via paypal and missing out ebay, I have been advised to either it being collected cash on collection or have a buy it now price on ebay for X amount.

Thanks again