Pee Wee bit

Emily Ben

New User
Visit site
Has anyone used a PEE WEE BIT or had experience of one?
Considering for my lusitano who has a sensitive mouth with old scars inside & a slit on his lip. He is a rescue & I do not know his history although the visible scaring would suggest at some point in his life possibly in Spain or Portugal a fairly horrendous bit has been used.
I have tried him in a d ring copper roller bit which he mouthed a lot but accepted.
I do not want anything harsh, he's a kind boy & I want him to be comfortable but controllable too.

Littlewills

Visit site
I'd get a bit fit consultant out so you can try a range of bits. I had one out, despite not having and real issues, and she found my pony went better in something I would never have thought to try. It was the cheapest option as well for once!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yes, I used one with a Clydesdale with a very thick tongue, low palette and fleshy mouth. I got it after she ran away with me (in trot :oops:) when some colts frightened her by running alongside us - on the other side of the wall, in their own field. She was so much more responsive in that bit and although she was usually mannerly which meant that I was taken aback by the running off incident, we never had another problem. I used it with the IDx who came in a 3 ring gag and she responded well to it, too.

Lovethebeach

Visit site
I use one for both riding and driving on cob with very little room in his mouth and previous history of bolting, this bit has side pieces that work on sides of bottom jaw, he is very responsive and settled in his mouth with a light contact and steering much improved with no force. Have used on previous cobs with same results over about 16 years now so useful bit to have in tackroom

Cragrat

Visit site
It's a lovely little bit - my large tongued warmblood loved it. Bomber happy tongue (NOT a Happy Mouth) also give tongue room.

pansymouse

Visit site
I seriously considered one for my mare who has a small mouth and large tongue but tried bitless instead which suits us both fine. I did get a Bomber happy tongue which was the best she went bitted it still wasn't fully to her liking.