Peeing? - Also in Veterinary

kandm

Visit site
I took Max (my pony) out for a hack today and for the first time he peed under saddle with me ontop
blush.gif
, got back to the yard (about half an hour later) got off and he peed again, rougly ten minutes he peed again, and another twenty minutes after that he had yet another pee, but to top it off about 10minutes after that I popped him into his stable for the evening and he had yet again another stonking pee
blush.gif
. He's never peed that many times before (well not that I've noticed), and they weren't short little pees either but rather long
confused.gif
. He has had colic before - don't know whether that could be linked
crazy.gif
, but he showed no signs of colic or being off colour today
confused.gif

Bassically, should I be worried? And if this carries on should I call the vet? All advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

LindyLulu

Visit site
very odd, is the stable usually very wet in the morning? he might have some kind of urine infection? i think a call to the vet would be best. might end up being nothing, but best to get it checked out.

kandm

Visit site
I thought the same, but apparently urine infections aren't that common
confused.gif
. But I think from your replies I'll be ringing the vet up tomorrow .

LindyLulu, I can't really monitor the wetness of his bed as he is semi-deep littered.

Thanks for the replies, really helps hearing other peoples opinions
smile.gif

Luci07

Visit site
My boy was doing the same yesterday - weeing in his field (never does that) and then 3 times in the space of 2 hours. YO has put it down to the cold weather as he is quite a wet horse. Absolutely nothing else out of place with him and not drinking any more than normal either...YO is pretty good on the vet side and has a horrible knack of getting the awful things right before vet has confirmed it, so I do trust her.