Pelvic Alignment

Bubblesbubbles

New User
Visit site
I need help putting a stop to a recuuring pelvic alignment problem!

My 12 year old cross bred gelding has for the last 6 years barely ever been able to keep a level pelvis. Had the chiropractor out on numerous occascions, on vets say so, and he puts it back and within weeks its out again. It doesn't seem to matter what quantity of work he's in, it just doesn't last. On his first visit it was 2.5in out and the latest it was 1in. But i'm now at my witts end as to what to do. He doesn't school well due to a short attention span and also I'm not fond of school, but lunge regularly. He's a complete flid in the field, which i'm sure is where he usually does it.

I'm looking for any advice you can give!

Samantha008

Visit site
My horses pelvis is really out too, my vet suggested a cortisone injection into the sacroiliac and the physio says that its due to lack of muscle in the rear end and that the more muscle there is, the more chance there is of it staying in place. However, i say all this my mare is a complete mess and they now think shes a wobbler too so i cant say whether any of this will work or not but it is what was suggested when we thought the problems were all down to her "out" pelvis.

I hope you have more luck with your horse :(

steffielu

Visit site
Hi Bubblesbubbles! Do you know what part of the pelvis the chiro is referring to as 'out' by 2.5''? Exercises to strengthen the pelic/hip/hindleg muscles would probably be the main route of treatment to go down if this a recurring problem.

Flashann

New User
Visit site
It is worth trying to get to the bottom of the reason why the pelvis appears to be out of alignment. It may be a problem in one of the limbs that is creating the impression that the pelvis is not level. It is worth looking if there is any muscle wastage which may indicate what the problem is. Your chiropractor should be able to helpl you with this. Good luck with him.