Penicuik mid-week ride-out

DarenCogdon

Visit site
Last night was the Penicuik mid-week ride-out. It was great fun apart from one thing....

I FELL OFF!!

Yep, a spectacular dismount which resulted in me having to go to A&E afterwards, where they reckons I've badly knackered my shoulder!

Typical - it would HAVE to be me!!

DarenCogdon

Visit site
The principals, plus ride marshal Craig.

375088_10151590682079798_2080544823_n.jpg

Out of the five principals on the ride, all but one of us fell off!!

gillianfleming

Visit site
Oh no, hope you are ok, does that mean you won't be able to do the other ride outs?

Had meant to send you a good luck message, i always miss the rideouts as we're at a carriage driving competition

JenTaz

Visit site
Oh no! hope your not to badly hurt, some painkillers, and something good in your hip flask and you will be fine for the rest of the ride outs, especially since the best are still to come *cough Musselburgh :p cough*

DarenCogdon

Visit site
Nah, I reckon the rest of my ride-outs are scrubbed.

I might have to undergo surgery to sort my arm. But hey, chicks dig scars, right?? :p

chotty

Visit site
Aw no, hope your shoulder heals up okay!

I'm going along on saturday to watch the ride out as a few people I know are riding. Was going to look out for you as well!

X

DarenCogdon

Visit site
Oh I'll be riding in the parade! I managed to ride home more or less OK, so I think I can manage a wee bit slow street work! ;)

JenTaz

Visit site
oh thats rubbish, hope your on the mend soon! its not the same during "silly season" to watch from the sidelines! i've not ridden any in two years as my horse isn't sane enough for all the stopping and starting in the rides i like and can't justify hiring, hope you aren't out all season!

chotty

Visit site
Ah okay, I'll still keep my eyes peeled for you then!

And JenTaz, I know what you mean about it not being the same from the sidelines. I haven't ridden on a ride out/common ride in years! Far to much of a *****bag these days unfortunately!

X

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Oh no! hope your not to badly hurt, some painkillers, and something good in your hip flask and you will be fine for the rest of the ride outs, especially since the best are still to come *cough Musselburgh :p cough*

I WISH I had something to ride out on this year- Mussie is my favourite (The racecourse!) but Jazz is a bit fragile for it :(

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Oh no :( Thats rubbish!!!

How did you come off?? Was it just one of those things or was it 'the huddle' as I call it when they all jam together.

Hope you heal up soon :(

DarenCogdon

Visit site
Still not sure how it happened. We were cantering through a field, and as we were rounding a corner my horse went one way, then the other, then back again, and at the last minute he swerved right and I kept going. If I hadn't fallen off when I had, I'd have collided with a telegraph pole!

JenTaz

Visit site
I WISH I had something to ride out on this year- Mussie is my favourite (The racecourse!) but Jazz is a bit fragile for it :(

Being from Musselburgh it has to be my favourite! :D I do enjoy the border ride outs as its just fields and more fields, Taz can't handle the constant stopping and starting at Musselburgh after 4 years of him doing it, I gave up as he got so upset each time, he prefers the likes of peebles etc when you don't stop and go and stop two steps later, will be going round the rides this year with my camera in tow, not the same but its still amazing :D

DarenCogdon

Visit site
I wouldn't be there on the Saturday as I'm meant to be working. However, I'm now going in for an operation on my shoulder tomorrow morning, so don't even know if I'll be at work this weekend!

JenTaz

Visit site
I wouldn't be there on the Saturday as I'm meant to be working. However, I'm now going in for an operation on my shoulder tomorrow morning, so don't even know if I'll be at work this weekend!

Didn't realise the fall had been that bad, good luck for tomorrow and heal quick!

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
Daren, sorry about that - I've face-planted many a time when horses have selected a different direction from mine - and sorry about the shoulder.
You mentioned an op; the surgeons won't be interfering with any Clydesdale tattoos on the process I trust?:eek:

Feel better, and hope you mend fast and also make the most of the break from work to rest.:)

DarenCogdon

Visit site
No, no tattoos have been altered as a result of surgery!

It went OK, though will not be doing anything horse-related for a while. I might just be able to do the Edinburgh ride out in September, with any luck!!

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
No, no tattoos have been altered as a result of surgery!

It went OK, though will not be doing anything horse-related for a while. I might just be able to do the Edinburgh ride out in September, with any luck!!

Daren, I'm sorry - that sounds like a wasted summer, at least as far as equine activities go. Very bad luck indeed, but as with many a fall I guess we can be glad it wasn't more serious AND of course the artwork remains intact.;)