Penpont ponies - anyone dealt with them?

PorkChop

Visit site
I am pretty sure that there is a HHO member that has one of their youngstock, if I remember their user name I will let you know - does nothing come up on a search?

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
I have one, had him since he was five months old and he's just turned six years old, and I had another briefly which I bought as feral two year old and sold on the following spring. A friend has a two year old. My first came from the dealer David Stephens, the next two came direct from Penpont. What do you need to know OP, are you in the west country?

cazbar

New User
Visit site
Zombie thread - have you just joined to bring it up? Intrigued ?
Ive never been thought of as intriging before...flattered. Previous member but had to open a new account due to technical issues. TBH I didnt realise this was such an old thread and was just looking for information. I have a friend who has had disappointing dealings with the breeder and just wanted to see if this was just bad luck or a regular occurrence, nothing sinister im afraid.

Wishfilly

Visit site
It might be worth posting on the "Dodgy Dealers UK" fp page.

Someone has mentioned "David Stephens"......... I have heard the name but cannot recall whether it was something good or something bad I've heard about their set-up!! So won't comment - other than to say just might be worth checking!

I doubt you'll have heard anything good about him- his reputation locally is not great.

ETA: to clarify, I've never had any personal dealings with him, and I know someone who have bought a (reasonably) nice horse from him and all was fine, but he doesn't have a good reputation.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I doubt you'll have heard anything good about him- his reputation locally is not great.

ETA: to clarify, I've never had any personal dealings with him, and I know someone who have bought a (reasonably) nice horse from him and all was fine, but he doesn't have a good reputation.

David is ok if you buy a reasonably untouched youngster from him, and expect it to be green as the grass and a bit jumpy or if you’re quick and savvy enough to get hold of one of the nice (slow) point to pointers he has occasionally. If you want anything more, stay well away.

[153312]

Visit site
1) this is an ancient thread

2) they breed for colour and that's about it.

Would not personally touch with a bargepole anyone whose website lists "neighbours black and white cob" with no other information for breeding as sire of several of their sold foals.