People in Co. Longford - Looking for a specific vet practice

sandi_84

Visit site
Hi,
I'm trying to get in touch with my horses previous owner to find out some info on him and I have the details of his vet.

The vet's name is B.A Gormley - I think his first name is Brian? and the vet practice is in the area of Carra, Granard? Does anyone know the name/email address of the practice please?

Thanks for any help you can give :)

R.I.D

Visit site
Brian is quite elderly now, not sure if he's open for practice now, though his jeep would suggest otherwise. I wouldn't imagine he's got email let alone a website so I'd chance ringing him.
his number is 00353 43 668 6599. He's quite a nice man & very knowledgeable about horses.

sandi_84

Visit site
Brian is quite elderly now, not sure if he's open for practice now, though his jeep would suggest otherwise. I wouldn't imagine he's got email let alone a website so I'd chance ringing him.
his number is 00353 43 668 6599. He's quite a nice man & very knowledgeable about horses.

Oh wow, thank you so much! That's great, I've sent a letter to the other registered owner on my boy's passport and if I don't get anything back from that I'll give Mr Gormley a ring :)
Thanks again! :D

sandi_84

Visit site
My Dad doesn't know him incredibly-but he is reg's as still in business so I would give him a ring on the number above.
Good luck!

Cheers for asking around for me :) I sent a letter to the previous owner at the address registered on the passport so I'll wait a bit and see if I get anything back and if not I'll call the vet. I'd rather not bother him if I can avoid it though :)

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
He is still practicing - and is only a couple of miles up the road from me. If you catch him on a good day he will be amendable and helpful, on the other hand if he isnt feeling friendly you will get nothing useful out of him! :D

Is the registered owner from this area? You might want to pm rather than put any details on the forum.

sandi_84

Visit site
He is still practicing - and is only a couple of miles up the road from me. If you catch him on a good day he will be amendable and helpful, on the other hand if he isnt feeling friendly you will get nothing useful out of him! :D

Is the registered owner from this area? You might want to pm rather than put any details on the forum.

Ha ha! ok I'll beware ;)

Aye the registered owner is from co. longford too, name of Michael Gormley. Not sure if they're related or if it's just a common surname there like mine is up here? :eek:

supaspot

Visit site
is it a bay called Morgan by any chance? I sold one to one of his daughter and she jumped him for a few years but then sold him to a fella named Robert Harrison who sold him again and he ended up in a dealers yard in Scotland , I did email them but never got an answer :( I lost track of him

Last edited:

sandi_84

Visit site
is it a bay called Morgan by any chance? I sold one to one of his daughter and she jumped him for a few years but then sold him to a fella named Robert Harrison who sold him again and he ended up in a dealers yard in Scotland , I did email them but never got an answer :( I lost track of him

He came to me with no stable name, but he's black I'm afraid :cool:

He's 15hh, black, registered name Some Hot Shot :)

gadetra

Visit site

It's so easy to loose track of them isn't is? I know Robert Harrison, he's a nice guy, as is his Dad. But producing is their bread and butter. I try to sell my homebreds direct to England, as I have never managed to keep track of those I have sold and been broken, produced and then they end up in England or Sweden, name changed and it's a needle in a haystack job! Especially the grey's. They're dark/dappled when they leave me and white when out doing something useful so it is harder to identify markings etc. C'est la vie!

sandi_84

Visit site
Quick update, with the help of MrsJingle I have now been in contact with the dealer who owned him in early 2011 when his name was "Cookie" ha ha! :D I'm going to call him tomorrow and he's said he's happy to help me with any info I want and is really happy to hear where he's ended up :D

So thank you very much again MrsJingle, you are a first class detective! :p xXx

sandi_84

Visit site
Just been off the phone to the dealer (with a very good reputation ) who had Loki and I've found out some lovely things He was a lovely guy who kindly let me grill him for details and was really happy to find out where my lad ended up

Loki (or Cookie as he was known in Ireland) was actually bred from his stallion and a friends mare The stallion is a big skewbald cob who is well known for producing laid back, sweet natured foals. He's going to put me in touch with the mare's owners too Micheal likes to buy them in unbroken and do the breaking and riding away himself so he knows exactly what sort of horse he's got

At 4yo Loki was bought by Micheal (the dealer) to break and ride away, I have a pic of his first proper sit on and a few more pics of him looking pretty stunning all hogged and clipped too After some hacking and generally seeing the world Loki was sold on as a little show cob somewhere between August - October to a guy in England.

He passed through Newcastle and by the looks of it came straight up to my old yard at the end of November. 2 weeks later I had fallen head over heels and bought him

So if you're ever in the market for a lovely, laid back sort of Cob give me a PM and I'll send you Micheal's details, if my horse is anything to go by you really will end up with a cracking horse!

angadveer

New User
Visit site
Hi
I am a young vet and i am very much interested in equine practice. I am an Indian and would be graduating with Masters in Equine science from UCD Dublin.
Please reply me regarding opportunities for me as i am highly interested in horses. Thanks