PEOPLE IN CORNWALL PLEASE BE VIGILANT

rowan

Visit site
Police advise horse owners to be extra vigilant following an horrific attack on a stallion which resulted in its death.
Its genitalia were cut off, its eye was cut out and teeth were removed. A mare and foal in the same field were unharmed.

Police and RSPCA are carrying out enquiries. If you have any information please contact the Police on 101,
quoting ref: GP/12/66

Gina

(Devon & Cornwall Horsewatch)

sakura

Visit site
it makes me sick to my stomach, I've passed this around my facebook, my whole yard are aware of it and have passed it on to others who'll pass it on again etc etc

it disgusts me, that poor horse

emmanash

Visit site
This is just appalling. I had a message about this earlier but didn't realise the extent of what happened, it makes me sick, I hope they catch whoever did this and do the same to them. Poor horse, thoughts with the owner who must be devastated. Will definately be being vigilant, we're very close by to where this happened.

Penniless

Visit site
My friends live in the same area and she emailed me early today to say that when she went to her field to check on her broodmares, the gates were wide open and no sign of the mares at all. Thankfully she found them out on the road, all okay, but is now wondering whether it was the same people. How horrid for the stallion and his owners.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
SICK B4RST4RDS

give me a carving knife they would not have any genitalia left themselves.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

RIP dear stallion and the poor pony in carmathanshire RIP

vhf

Visit site
I have also just heard about this via a friend; I'm not far away. It makes me wonder, have there been any other odd happenings locally??
Just before Christmas we found my mare with a badly ripped nostril. 14 stitches and a £400 vet bill and she's fine, if a bit scarred. We put it down to high jinks in the field as the yearling was also on the wrong side of the electric fence (vet thought nostril bitten and yanked!) but now a niggling voice makes you wonder if it was the same evil bunch practicing/disturbed/not yet thought of sedative. If anyone else has any odd experiences, perhaps we could share here and pass on to police if it looks like we might have useful additional info???? Not going to muddy the waters by reporting an isolated incident that most likely was a field accident; too important to catch these people fast.

jenbleep

Visit site
I heard about this via Facebook, it is absoultely sick and I think whoever did this is seriously disturbed!!

Something similar happened to a pony where I rode in Bournemouth where the pony was slahed with a sharp object numerous times and then died from shock.

I really hope they find they did it, but I doubt they will :( :(

SpottyTB

Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/groups/302691739766636/

Join this group, unite with the other horse owners in cornwall and lets stop this now, or at least prevent it from happening. This site was put together by myself and it will provide updates on attacks, on new and used security features such as cctv (which we are looking into approaching local businesses about a discount for horse owners), padlocks etc etc!

Please join and support us. thank you

tango'smum

Visit site
i just got this of facebook
***HORSE OWNERS****PLEASE RE POST this morning at around 11.45 a White fiat van was seen. The 2 men were taking particular interest to the miniature ponies some of which are stallions. Nr sweetshouse, nr lostwithiel. Police have been notified but they did a runner. It might be innocent but please be vigilant