People on part/full livery

RubysGold

Visit site
I'm hopefully moving yards at some point in 2010, not in a huge rush yet.
I'm on DIY at the minute, and the yard I want to go to will be on part livery.
Does the price stay the same all year, or does it go down in Summer, when they don't do anything for the horses and there's no hay/straw being used?

HollyB66

Visit site
My guess is that it would vary from yard to yard. At our yard it stays the same all year round, but if you stable during the summer when they should be out 24/7 then you buy your own hay. During the winter hay is included.

minkymoo

Visit site
Mine doesn't change but then my livery stays the same as he is kept the same all year. Summer/winter he is always turned out, mucked out, brought in, fed, etc regardless of the time of year.

Sorry if that doesn't help!

MochaDun

Visit site
Where I am the livery charge for stable and grazing payable to the yard owner stays the same the whole year round so that includes haylage throughout the winter but in the summer you have to pay for hay/haylage as your horse can stay out 24/7 in the summer if you wish.

We have a woman who does all the yard duties and she's paid directly by us as clients for extras she does for us rather than via the yard owner so the cost of that just depends on how much you have done for your horse in a month by her.

bushbaby28

Visit site
my old yard stayed the same as they argued they had to poo pick more if they stayed out and they were still checking on them each morning etc

Snowysadude

Visit site
Mine stayes the same, but then he is never out 24/7 so doesnt matter. A perk of that though is as the price is fixed they dont charge more over festive periods etc like a lot of yards do!
laugh.gif

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
On my yard it stays the same throughout the year.

The only thing is that I have to buy extra hay in the winter for my horse as he eats so much more than any of the others -he's a 17.3hh TB. I'd rather do that than him not getting enough and dropping off. I am the only one who does this on the yard, but I insist he is never left with out any hay.

Tiffany

Visit site
My girls's on full livery and it's the same price all year round because the service is the same all year. They don't live out in the summer.
smile.gif

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
Mine's on full livery but my arrangements are a little unusual. I pay a weekly charge for stable / hay (all year round as in summer you pay for stable / grazing), a livery fee which is halved in summer, pay for bedding (which means I don't pay in summer as George is out 24/7) and seperately again for feed (although its all on one bill if you know what I mean!!!). All told it means my full livery bill in winter (including hire of school for lessons) is £116pw but only £55 in summer!

Hope that made sense - all this food and drink has meant my brain has leaked out my ears!
tongue.gif

NikkiF

Visit site
You'd have to check with the yard you're hoping to move to, but in general most yards tend to charge the same fixed price all year round. I believe the theory being what they lose in the winter they make up for in the summer!

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
we pay the same all year round. what you loose on the swings you gain on the roundabouts!! grass doesnt grow for free yard has to reseed, fertilise, roll, harrow, top, spray, pooh pick etc!! facilities and services stay the same

RubysGold

Visit site
Thanks for all comments.
I thought it would be the same all year, so no surprise
smile.gif
I have no problems with paying the same all year, I'll just be glad to have an arena to ride in!
Just wanted to check though