People pretending their dogs are strays.

Smitty

Visit site
Hmm, well that sounds like the usual type of ending for a lurcher that doesn't live up to expectations in "country sports" by a minority of our population.

I honestly think that lurchers are the most abused and discarded in a nasty way breed. So sad. I love them. There are 4 in my street that have no idea how lucky they are ...

poiuytrewq

Visit site

some show

Visit site
I live in the Forest of Dean and men (got to be honest, it does seem to be solely men) bring lurchers to poach wild boar/deer or do lamping at night, and if they get any inkling the police are nearby or they're about to be caught they just dive into their car and go and leave the dog(s) to fend for themselves. Again, a throwaway culture :(

GSD Woman

Visit site
All of this drives me crazy. Dogs that bite either need work with a skilled trainer or to be humanely euthanized. It is vey common for biters to be removed here and it has been known to result in serious, scarring bites and sometimes death.
As for dumping dogs we see a bunch of hounds that get dumped at the end of deer or rabbit season. If they don't hunt the owners don't care. I would like to dump those hunters.