People using my tack without permission

holeymoley

Visit site
Put a rude note on it! I got fed up of someone repeatedly using my wheelbarrow and leaving it in random places so I put on a note on it saying 'if you're going to keep using my wheelbarrow can you at least put mine back where you found it'. When someone kept using my hay soaking water which I leave ready to use I wrote a note saying 'this is here for my convenience not yours!' .

Ha. Do you know I’m having the same issue with hay water! More so I think someone is using it to fill up water buckets as they can’t be as*ed waiting at the hose ?. A polite but to the point affirmative note went on the yard page and it’s been left since…

luckyoldme

Visit site
I reckon there's two stages to this one.
Firstly either stopping them or persuade them not to use your tack.
The second bit is dealing with the huff/strop or tantrum when they learn that they can't just take what they want
The first bit is the easy bit!
The second bit...good luck with that!

xDundryx

Visit site
I have a similar issue, caught another livery taking some of my hay as they had run out. Pretty sure it's not the first time.. Have been assured it will be replaced ? she's well aware I'm feeding 2, 1 whos on box rest so my hay bill is horrendous this year, plus I've a massive vet bill to pay... some people must believe they're entitled. OP I'd take it home it'll avoid more issues!

meleeka

Visit site
I have a similar issue, caught another livery taking some of my hay as they had run out. Pretty sure it's not the first time.. Have been assured it will be replaced ? she's well aware I'm feeding 2, 1 whos on box rest so my hay bill is horrendous this year, plus I've a massive vet bill to pay... some people must believe they're entitled. OP I'd take it home it'll avoid more issues!
I wonder if she’d have owned up had she not been caught? ?

My SIL is on a small yard with supposed friends. One of them thinks it’s ok to help herself to feed and hay, despite not even paying livery! (her parents are YO but she’s grown up). I’ve advised to chain everything up.

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
You can get little fob operated vibration alarms very cheaply on Amazon ( @ £4 ) which you attatch to your bike somewhere out of immediate view , under the seat say , or to anything else you want to protect . If someone tries to move the item they're attatched to the vibration sets off a really impressive alarm . I attatched one to the lid of my feed bin to catch the livery who was helping herself on a regular basis . I knew who it was but couldn't prove it and as she was actually one of the staff too it was a tricky situation .Got caught red handed when she set it off one morning and virtually the whole yard piled into the feed room to see what the racket was ! Came out with some c*ck and bull story about seeing a rat but never did it again . Best 4 quid I ever spent just to see the look on her face though !?

JGC

Visit site
You can get little fob operated vibration alarms very cheaply on Amazon ( @ £4 ) which you attatch to your bike somewhere out of immediate view , under the seat say , or to anything else you want to protect . If someone tries to move the item they're attatched to the vibration sets off a really impressive alarm . I attatched one to the lid of my feed bin to catch the livery who was helping herself on a regular basis . I knew who it was but couldn't prove it and as she was actually one of the staff too it was a tricky situation .Got caught red handed when she set it off one morning and virtually the whole yard piled into the feed room to see what the racket was ! Came out with some c*ck and bull story about seeing a rat but never did it again . Best 4 quid I ever spent just to see the look on her face though !?

This is genius! I am definitely going to remember this :cool: