People who have Woof Wear double lock brushing boots?

Blizzard

Visit site
Im ordering 2 sets of these for Lance, however I dont know what size to order!

The retailer is ordering thm in because I want a special colour,so I need to get it right.
Looking at WW size guide it says a 16.2hh needs a medium in front and a Large behind, but the retailer reckons Lance may need a L in front and XL behind.

Ive been told the large measure 12 inches height width 12.5 inches, xl measures 13.5 inches height 14 inches in width. however they dont say how big/small they can be adjusted.

Lance is chunky, and has over 9 inches of bone, if anyone has these boots can you please help me LOL,ie what size is your horse, amount of bone, what size boots do you have?
(pics would be great)

I was thinking 2 sets of Large for his build:
confused.gif

DSC08152.jpg

Thank you!
smile.gif

ecrozier

Visit site
I'd go with L / XL. Millie is a similar build to lance and although she has the woof club boots rather than the double lock ones she has the XL behind as L would be too small!

beatrice

Visit site
My 16hh welsh section d has these boots and he wears mediums front and back.....the large would have been too long for him.
I have no idea how much bone he has, but he has got reasonably chuncky legs.

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with L / XL. Millie is a similar build to lance and although she has the woof club boots rather than the double lock ones she has the XL behind as L would be too small!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that, I thought no way can he be a medium, he is an ex full in everything.

I was just a bit worrried about getting an XL and coming back from a ride with them around his hooves LOL!
grin.gif

ecrozier

Visit site
I'd imagine all woof boots are similarly sized, and my 16.1hh WB who is lightweight/mediumweight, is in medium in frot and large behind, but she has fairly slim legs!! What size travel boots does he wear? Tia (WB) has full size boots, which are far too small for Millie despite her being only an inch or two taller!!

Gorgeous George

Visit site
George has WW brushing boots (ok not the double fastening ones) and he is a similar build to Lance with a fair amount of bone, and he has large at the front and Xlarge at the back.

DSCN2603.jpg

lillie07

Visit site
Bailey is about 17.1hh/ 17.2hh chunky ISH, he wears a Medium in front and Large behind. The Large also fit him in front so if in doubt you won't go far wrong with Large front and back. Hope that makes sense
smile.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'd imagine all woof boots are similarly sized, and my 16.1hh WB who is lightweight/mediumweight, is in medium in frot and large behind, but she has fairly slim legs!! What size travel boots does he wear? Tia (WB) has full size boots, which are far too small for Millie despite her being only an inch or two taller!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont own any travel boots, he travels naked
wink.gif

He wears a 3 in equilibrium stretch and flex though...in front, he borrowed Beau's a few times:

DSC07283-1.jpg

I think that is a large in their sizing.

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Bailey is about 17.1hh/ 17.2hh chunky ISH, he wears a Medium in front and Large behind. The Large also fit him in front so if in doubt you won't go far wrong with Large front and back. Hope that makes sense
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks thats kind of how I was thinking, are they quite adjustable?
Im a bit concerned about the length of the XL ones

Gorgeous George

Visit site
meant to add that George's XL ones at the back aren't even on thier smallest fitting if you get my drift. Also looking at your pic again I think Lance's rear legs may be larger than G's.

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
George has WW brushing boots (ok not the double fastening ones) and he is a similar build to Lance with a fair amount of bone, and he has large at the front and Xlarge at the back.

DSCN2603.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Trish, aww lovely pic of George!
grin.gif

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
meant to add that George's XL ones at the back aren't even on thier smallest fitting if you get my drift. Also looking at your pic again I think Lance's rear legs may be larger than G's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, see the XL ones dont look too long on George, he is a bit taller than Lance though I guess.

Dont suppose you know how much bone he has?
wink.gif

Gorgeous George

Visit site
If I remember from when I measured him a while ago he has just under 9" bone at the back, isn't Lance bigger than George? George is 16.3, Lance's legs look longer than G's from hock to pastern?

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If I remember from when I measured him a while ago he has just under 9" bone at the back, isn't Lance bigger than George? George is 16.3, Lance's legs look longer than G's from hock to pastern?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lance is only 16.2hh but has low withers so is quite full up I guess, people say he rides bigger.
I think his big ass gives the illusion he is bigger than he is!
blush.gif

ah well Lance def has at least 9" bone so I guess i will have to measure his legheight LOL
smile.gif

Gorgeous George

Visit site
how soon do you want to order the boots? unfortunately I'm not at the yard today but I could measure the dear boy tomorrow if that is any help? George is the opposite to Lance in that he has high withers so comes up big when measured!

Blizzard

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
how soon do you want to order the boots? unfortunately I'm not at the yard today but I could measure the dear boy tomorrow if that is any help? George is the opposite to Lance in that he has high withers so comes up big when measured!

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great if you didnt mind.

Im ordering them on Monday
smile.gif

I will take some measurements from Lance too.
thanks Trish x