People who work with horses...

Visit site
Do you ever have problems with other members of staff taking advantage and doing as little as possible perhaps because they are too lazy to help you?

Or is this just me?
crazy.gif

natalia

Visit site
hahaha, one of the reasons i stopped working with horses. I ended up doing what felt like double everyone elses roles, as no on else on the yard would ride anything, i ended up mucking out 8 per day and riding 6ish, then still being expected to muck in and do everything else in between. plus having to find time to trim, pull manes etc. complete joke! But to be honest when yard work is so badly paid and grooms job give very few rewards who wants to do it anyway?!

Visit site
This sounds very similar to my situation. Although, I do love working with the horses. I just end up getting exhausted from having to do my work and other peoples. I have tried to tell my boss about this but she just doesn't seem to notice and seems to think I am making more out of it.

Tnavas

Visit site
Definately! Our yard supervisor was the best at avoiding work of any form. With 110 racehorses in work at any one time you can imagine how much work is involved.

When you end up skipping out a barn of 20 horses on your own as the others are still fluffing around after breakfast. Often I'd have all the boxes skipped out and hay put round ready for the horses when they came back in in the afternoon by the time they'd wander back to work. I have a life ooutside work and when you work split shifts all you want to do is get home, work the horses, have lunch and a snooze before going back for afternoon stables.

The most annoying thing is the messy mucker outers! They leave as much muck on the ground outside the box than they've put on the muck heap. Then when it's time to clean up they are nowhere in sight!

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
is it only working with horses where that happens?!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine it probably happens in every type of job. I just asked the question to do with horses because I work with horses and wanted to see what other people who work with horses experiences are.

kombikids

Visit site
sorry didnt mean to offend! i do work with horses now andmy personal experiance is that yes some people who do work with horses will try to get away with working less than others, however my personal opinion is that it doesnt get dealt with in the same way as it would in an office job.

devilinajar

Visit site
I had this problem when i worked with horse. I camplained to the owner of the yard and got no where,. So i decided to do what was expected of me and leave the others to it. It only took a couple days of them have to work late to finish there jobs, to teach them to pull there weight!! The yard owner was not too happy but it got my point across!!!!!

Dubsie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is it only working with horses where that happens?!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine it probably happens in every type of job. I just asked the question to do with horses because I work with horses and wanted to see what other people who work with horses experiences are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely does whatever the industry. I worked in a place where a lady worked 2 days a week, but when she left and the workload didn't change we realised how little she actually did as opposed to pretend to be busy.

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
sorry didnt mean to offend! i do work with horses now andmy personal experiance is that yes some people who do work with horses will try to get away with working less than others, however my personal opinion is that it doesnt get dealt with in the same way as it would in an office job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry you didn't offend me! And yes it is dealt differently because if somebody wasn't working hard in an office it would be more noticeable because most of their work takes place in the same place whereas on a yard people cam just wander around and pretend to be busy.