People with Wintec saddles and narrow TBs

horsegirl

Visit site
What size gullet do you have in your adjustable wintec, I measured my boy last night and it said he should have narrow but his usual saddle is a medium and that fits fine (checked by saddler) could I have measured wrong or are they different?
confused.gif

Darkly_Dreaming_Dex

Visit site
That sound about right- the wintec narrow is more like a medium narrow as they come up broader than leather saddles. Wintecs tend to be best with a horse who varies between medium narrow and medium wide. If a horse is very narrow or wide then a thorowgood has a much better panel to fit these shapes

Tir_Na_Nog

Visit site
<font color="peru">My old loan mare was a TB x cleveland bay, and certainly had the characteristic TB withers. I had her in a Medium flocked wintec 500, measured and fitted by a professional saddler.

I think your best bet would be to get him fitted properly for one, a fitting with the woman who did mine is usually only about £15. That way you know for sure, and then get him checked in another 6 months or so in case he's changed shape. I wouldn't have thought it unusual for widths to differ slightly between brands and leather/synthetic saddles.

TNN</font>