Peppermill and 'tying up'

moneypit1

Visit site
Azotorea is hideous. There have been a few posts that have suggested that perhaps Peppermill should have entered the ring and tired to jump the first jump just to quality. Now i don't know how many of these posters have ever seen a horse that has 'tied up' but I would like to say that the notion of them doing just that is laughable. I cannot even try to describe the pain the horse is in when in the midst of this condition. It's almost like asking someone with food poisioning to go out and run around the block. Poor fella. x

Flame_

Visit site
If the horse had tied up there would have been no point trying to qualify - it wouldn't be up to doing anything for weeks afterwards.

Ezme

Visit site
Sounds like he wasn't in the midst of an attack, more like he'd had one previously and was recovering and they said they did canter him. Still no-one in their right mind would work a horse that soon after tying up. Then again they've said that is was something "similar" to azotoria, not acctually it.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I don't think people were suggesting that had Pepermill tyed up he should of competed and pulled away twice. I think people were shocked that this would be allowed because of the welfare issues invold. I don't believe Pepermill had tied up, I read that JW went to excise him in the morning and he wasn't right, not accepting the contact or cantering.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
'stiff across the back' is not azoturia.
like a horse with azoturia one day is going to jump 1.60+ the next day.
I suspect we are being treated like mushrooms.
(fed sh1t and kept in the dark)