Percy the Yearling

Ratface

Visit site
That's a very nice sort that you have there. I don't think he's an ugly duckling at all - he's a youngster waiting to grow into his adult finery!
Have you pictures of his dam and sire?

Abi90

Visit site
So we measured Percy yesterday and he’s currently 14.2 at a little over a year old.

I was worried he was going to be a monster but he’s a full hand smaller than my friends’ yearlings. So he might not get too big!!! Or just have a massive growth spurt!

Some updated photos 0EB45324-ADA9-4A91-9BB6-EF1D3AB1E814.jpegEC4D005B-5D45-458E-94BC-9116F9B314F5.jpeg

Asha

Visit site
Perfect height , he’s looking great .

I’m hoping mine has done a lot of her growing already as she’s standing at 15.2 at the minute. I’ve had vets/ judges tell me she’s going to be massive ? not what I expected at all.

Abi90

Visit site
Perfect height , he’s looking great .

I’m hoping mine has done a lot of her growing already as she’s standing at 15.2 at the minute. I’ve had vets/ judges tell me she’s going to be massive ? not what I expected at all.

To be honest, this is what I expected to happy with him. He was a big foal and people kept commenting on how big he was and how tall he was… but I think he’ll make about 15.3/16hh which would be absolutely perfect!

Annagain

Visit site
To be honest, this is what I expected to happy with him. He was a big foal and people kept commenting on how big he was and how tall he was… but I think he’ll make about 15.3/16hh which would be absolutely perfect!

If 15.3/16hh would be absolutely perfect I can guarantee he will either stop growing immediately or keep going until he's 8 and be at least 17hh. (My money's on the latter!) He is lovely though. Is that a hint of greying out I see in the last photo? He looks very similar in colour to Monty at the same age - Mont was steel grey until really quite late in life and went from steel grey to very fleabitten almost overnight - in the space of shedding one winter coat!

Abi90

Visit site
If 15.3/16hh would be absolutely perfect I can guarantee he will either stop growing immediately or keep going until he's 8 and be at least 17hh. (My money's on the latter!) He is lovely though. Is that a hint of greying out I see in the last photo? He looks very similar in colour to Monty at the same age - Mont was steel grey until really quite late in life and went from steel grey to very fleabitten almost overnight - in the space of shedding one winter coat!

Yes he’s going grey. Or at least I hope so as that’s what I put on his passport!! I think he will be steel grey for a long time though. He looks more dark bay right now but there are definitely flecks through his coat. Although less on his face than there were before!!

His Mum was 15.2 (just) at 4 and was 16.2 at 5 so it could happen!!

Abi90

Visit site
Looking lovely, as long as you put in the work now, breaking will be easy ?

Thank you. He’s been very easy so far. He was windswept when he was born so I taught him to lead as he went in and out the stable every day. Spent a lot of time with a rope (and other things) running it all over his body, teaching him to back up and move across and drop his head. To keep him occupied as much as anything as he was on box rest.

he’s now at the best youngstock livery where they live out in a heard and come in for lessons

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Thank you. He’s been very easy so far. He was windswept when he was born so I taught him to lead as he went in and out the stable every day. Spent a lot of time with a rope (and other things) running it all over his body, teaching him to back up and move across and drop his head. To keep him occupied as much as anything as he was on box rest.

he’s now at the best youngstock livery where they live out in a heard and come in for lessons
Thts the way to do it, start the basics young and it will be easy peasy

Annagain

Visit site
Yes he’s going grey. Or at least I hope so as that’s what I put on his passport!! I think he will be steel grey for a long time though. He looks more dark bay right now but there are definitely flecks through his coat. Although less on his face than there were before!!

His Mum was 15.2 (just) at 4 and was 16.2 at 5 so it could happen!!

Monty at birth
sBdxUCW.jpg

just 2
SXKL4GP.jpg

....and 24
NT3z3Gi.jpg