Perfect timing :( (healing vibes)

PingPongPony

Visit site
My horse has the most perfect timing EVER! I was so excited to go for sj comp this weekend, it was supposed to be the first one this year. I also wanted to start the year well and move up a class and instead of 85 and 95, do 95 and 1.05. So i get horse ready and walk her out of her stable to get on and school before comp on sunday, she is pulling back not wanting to come out, think 'thats odd' but i didn't think much of it as it was raining and she never wants to come out to be ridden in rain, then when she starts walking, great she's lame! so i drag her back in and start washing her legs off so i can see why she is lame, and i found that little madam has managed to cut her heel and it was bleeding but because of all that mud on top of it from the field i couldn't see it before! So now not only are my plans for sj this weekend gone but also the money will be spent on bandages, disinfectants and creams. I'm so angry, dissapointed and upset! I was so so excited, was going to dress her in all the new red stuff i got for christmas and wear my new stuff. But no :(
Anyone else got a beast that has the perfect timing?
And any healing vibes will be much appriciated :)

halt_at_x

Visit site
I can sympathise as it is rubbish timing and you must be disappointed. I hope that your horse is better soon and that you make it to your next planned outing.

As for good timing - well I renewed my BD membership and horse registration at the start of December. We had lots of plans to this year - area festivals, XC, DTM, SJ. Then a few days after renewing my BD membership my horse was kicked in the field and broke his leg. With luck he should be OK eventually but we can write off most of the year so not only is my BD membership a total waste of money but I owe a small fortune in vets bills (currently £3500, likely to reach £5000 and my insurance only covers £4000 - that is if they ever pay up). So yes, thats good timing.

stacie21

Visit site
yep my horse done one check ligament Feb last year in the field so went through all the rehab got him back jumping etc spent god nos how much taking trailer test bought new car and trailer ready to finally get out and about 2 weeks before first comp he came in lame and had done the other check ligament in the field oh joy so now on rehab again

PingPongPony

Visit site
I can sympathise as it is rubbish timing and you must be disappointed. I hope that your horse is better soon and that you make it to your next planned outing.

As for good timing - well I renewed my BD membership and horse registration at the start of December. We had lots of plans to this year - area festivals, XC, DTM, SJ. Then a few days after renewing my BD membership my horse was kicked in the field and broke his leg. With luck he should be OK eventually but we can write off most of the year so not only is my BD membership a total waste of money but I owe a small fortune in vets bills (currently £3500, likely to reach £5000 and my insurance only covers £4000 - that is if they ever pay up). So yes, thats good timing.

Oh dear that is really awfull! Luckily its minor enough that i can apply dressing and treat it myself without the vet so at least thats good!

*touch wood* i've been very lucky!
Healing vibes coming your way:)

Thank you :) And lucky you! Tbh this is the first time she's injured while she's been with me, which is a year at the start of feb. So i can say that i've been quite lucky i guess :)

yep my horse done one check ligament Feb last year in the field so went through all the rehab got him back jumping etc spent god nos how much taking trailer test bought new car and trailer ready to finally get out and about 2 weeks before first comp he came in lame and had done the other check ligament in the field oh joy so now on rehab again

Oh no! I bet you are fed up now. Good luck with the rehab!

Compared to the two of these cases mine is very minor, its just pants that we cant do what i planned for us! Luckily i didn't pre enter the eventer trials thats in two weeks! Just a little update: Little madam seems very pleased with herself today, but slightly annoyed that she can't go out. She has been given a boredom braker and is currently throwing it at the wall as she can't be bothered to turn it :rolleyes: I have been on a trip down to local store and bought tons of disinfectant, cream and pretty colours vet wrap. I'm now ready for a few days of box rest and dressing changing! :rolleyes: