Perfect Waterproof overtrousers for riding

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Can anyone suggest some that may fit my requirements! It shouldn’t be this hard!
I want some decent waterproof trousers for riding and yard stuff.
I get hot though so unpadded (I love the look of the Mark Todd ones but would melt in them)
I bought some Ornella’s and thickness wise they are great but they are incredibly slippery feeling and although I’ve not ridden in them yet I’d like something with a bit of knee grip. I’ve well and truly lost them aswell ?
Bought Toggi Usk, absolute perfection but way too big even in XS, stupid sizes.
Just bought some Shires but they are basic waterproofs, no shape no proper waist or riding features.
So basically nice proper designed to ride, thin/light weight. Grippy knees!
Anyone tried the Harry Hall or Rambo? Would rather not spend a fortune.

Iznurgle

Visit site
I really like the Just Chaps ones; they've a full faux suede seat and zippy pockets and a high back to keep the wind out, and they're warm but not sweaty. I also appreciate they come in short leg lengths, because I am vertically challenged and most waterproofs had what felt like miles of extra leg length!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I really like the Just Chaps ones; they've a full faux suede seat and zippy pockets and a high back to keep the wind out, and they're warm but not sweaty. I also appreciate they come in short leg lengths, because I am vertically challenged and most waterproofs had what felt like miles of extra leg length!
Not being exactly tall myself that sounds worth a look. Thanks!

Joyous70

Visit site
Do they need to be overtrousers? because if you can still get them Decathlon waterproof jods are fabulous, they are slightly warmer that your average jods, but if its peeing down then its a bonus, and they are grippy too, oh and they wash ok on a 30.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Do they need to be overtrousers? because if you can still get them Decathlon waterproof jods are fabulous, they are slightly warmer that your average jods, but if its peeing down then its a bonus, and they are grippy too, oh and they wash ok on a 30.
I have heard good things about these and will have a look, ideally I’d like some that I can just use like a coat, so I can get filthy or wet and bung them in the boot to keep my car cleaner etc

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I have the Horseware Rambos and really like them. I do always hear wonderful things about the Just Chaps ones though!
I’ve looked at these, do you mean the older Rambo ones or the Horseware H2 or whatever they are called?
I cant find either In the right size!
I’m veering toward the just chaps

J&S

Visit site
I have some Noble Equestrian water proof trousers. Just the best I have ever had in 50 years! Good for riding, walking and working.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Thanks for starting this thread P! Literally thinking to myself today I need a pair as if I only ride when it’s not raining and I have childcare I wouldn’t ride until July.

black and brown

Visit site
Rambo chaps. Mine are quite old, so don't know if they make them anymore. They just have a cotton lining so are good for summer and winter. I prefer chaps to waterproof trousers, the seat of my breeches is still in contact with the saddle, so less likely to slide around!

BronsonNutter

Visit site
I have waterproof riding out/jockey type breeches - just wear tights or leggings underneath. They have suede knees and a suede bum patch! Not rustly or flappy on spooky youngsters and still fully waterproof after 8 years of ownership (I rarely wash them - bit gross but they wipe clean fairly well!)

Lady Jane

Visit site
Just Chaps come in differenet lengths and the exact size measurements are on their website. I have worn them by themselves on wet but not too cold days and have ridden in them. I find most of these feel a bit slippy for riding but these don't. Wash well and dry quickly

Iznurgle

Visit site
How do the Just Chaps come up size wise?

I bought mine when I was a size 12, and a large was comfortable, didn't fall down but also didn't squeeze me! I'm now a size 10 and they're looser, but still fit well and have a little more mobility, but they never felt restrictive. If I recall correctly there's a way to tighten the waistband? But it's elasticated with two poppers and a zip fly, and sit nicely up my waist and not directly on my hips. They have an exact size guide on their site.

Lucky Snowball

Visit site
My Rambo trousers leaked after just a couple of rides. Cheap cycling waterproofs from Aldi seem to work well for riding, zips at the bottom and reflective stripes, totally waterproof and breathable all for £9.99.