Perlino in ridden coloured class?

LollyDolly

Visit site
I just saw a thread where someone asked if a palomino could enter a ridden coloured class and I just wondered whether I could enter my perlino?
With it being such a rare colour it isn't ever listed in the coloured list at shows aha! He also has a faint dorsal stripe if that helps at all? ;)
And just for anyone who doesn't know what a perlino is:
299471_10150369830205336_730925335_10280750_812472015_n.jpg

Ps. He may look like a cremello but he isn't, I used to think he was but he is actually a perlino. The difference is that perlino's have a mane, tail and certain points on their body which are darker ie. Sandy (pictured) has a blonde mane, not the white mane which cremello's have! There are a few more differences but I figured that was one of the easiet to portray :D

Enfys

Visit site
I would ring the show secretary and ask them as it does seem to depend on the show. :)

Agree with Faracat. The schedule should make it quite clear what colours/patterning are permissable. In due time I think 'Dilute' classes will be opened, so many colours actually qualify for that.

We used to have what looked like a pure white cob regularly enter colour classes and the rows it caused! One day the owner bought the horse into the ring soaking wet, it was a coloured that had greyed out but the skin was blue and pink, quite a pretty effect really :)

ribbons

Visit site
A cremello is dilute chestnut.
a perlino is a dilute Bay.
Or so I understand from my new and very experienced colour
expert friend.

Fimbacob

Visit site
As a non-experienced colour amateur, I immediately thought your gorgeous boy is a cremello and I have never heard of a perlino. I would consider if you think the judges (at whatever level of showing you wish to do) would have knowledge of this colour (or whether you would spend half an hour arguing with them) is worth the effort, I would show him in whichever class you think is most appropriate and sod the technicalities.xx

LollyDolly

Visit site
As a non-experienced colour amateur, I immediately thought your gorgeous boy is a cremello and I have never heard of a perlino.

Haha I was exactly the same until I owned him, its hilarious though because a lot of people don't know what a cremello is so the looks I get when I explain that he is a perlino! The most frustrating thing is when people say that he is albino just because he has pink skin!! To be honest I don't really care whether people think that he is cremello or perlino, just so long as they let us enter aha! I've never done a ridden coloured yet (never owned a coloured- always did ridden hunter!) but now I feel like I MUST enter it aha!

A cremello is dilute chestnut.
a perlino is a dilute Bay.
Or so I understand from my new and very experienced colour
expert friend.

Almost aha! A cremello is a double dilute chestnut, a single dilute produces a palomino and a perlino is a doublt dilute bay, a single dilute produces a buckskin/dun :)

PerlinoPlank

Visit site
Awww hello fellow Perlino owner, i've never met another! Here's my girlie:

229633_10150599249910227_1582729_n.jpg

She's only a baby so not thinking about showing yet as I think it may blow her mind, but interesting to know what classes she could go in :)

Pale Rider

Visit site
There is a nice example of a Perlino, Hungarian Warmblood stallion on the Halona Sportshorse website. Some useful genetic colour explanation as well.

pogface

Visit site
I love them! Am I being thick by asking what breeds they are? I can't see it written anywhere...

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Awww hello fellow Perlino owner, i've never met another! Here's my girlie:

229633_10150599249910227_1582729_n.jpg

She's only a baby so not thinking about showing yet as I think it may blow her mind, but interesting to know what classes she could go in :)

Beautiful horses her mane blowing across your face makes you look like you have a mustache:D:D lol

LollyDolly

Visit site
Aww thanks everyone!! :D
My little man only looks like a pony aha, PerlinoPlank how big is your mare?
Sandy (original name, I know!) is an Irish Connemara X :)
I love this picture of him, really shows off his colour:

IMG_0746.jpg

creamsoda

Visit site
My daughter entered her Cremello in a few coloured classes at local shows. Don't think many judges had seen one before!! Got asked a few times if she could see:) Never got placed against Skewbalds and Piebalds but did get placed in Unusual Coloured.