Person to school horse suggestions in north west

abb123

Visit site
Hi all, I am looking for someone who would be able to take my 6 year old mare for some schooling for a month. I backed her myself but just need a little help with the last bit of introducing her to scary but exciting things and seeing a bit more of the world.

Ideally I would like a gung-ho young rider that would happily throw themselves over some cross country jumps and fillers, she also has a nasty stop and bronc if pushed out of her comfort zone so someone who would not be phased by that.

She is however very lovely to handle, very talented, and all the basics are there and she has been to camps and dressage shows so she should be relatively easy for a competent brave rider.

Based in north west ideally somewhere exciting with lots going on (e.g. Kelsall or Somorford or similar)

Thank you for any suggestions!!

Milliechaz

Visit site
Would be worth looking at Jodie Jackson of J J Sporthorses on Facebook, she will be backing my youngster in November has an exceptional track record and is very well thought of. Jodie is based in Halsall/Ormskirk . Another is TLC Equine on Facebook, Tom Catterall is based in Longton, Preston. He is very gungho and again has a good track record. Id recommend both of them.

abb123

Visit site
Would be worth looking at Jodie Jackson of J J Sporthorses on Facebook, she will be backing my youngster in November has an exceptional track record and is very well thought of. Jodie is based in Halsall/Ormskirk . Another is TLC Equine on Facebook, Tom Catterall is based in Longton, Preston. He is very gungho and again has a good track record. Id recommend both of them.
Thank you! will check them out

Lexi_

Visit site
I’m pretty sure it was Jodie who backed one of the youngsters at our livery yard and she seems to have done a lovely job with him.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
No, he is very close to there. He has his own yard. I love his work on giving horses confidence. Horses really work for him. He will be clear and say he can't fix everything at once but he can give you the best grounding and then the tools to maintain. I've done a long lining clinic and he worked with E to help us with groundwork.

abb123

Visit site
Ah, only round the corner from me then! I will have a chat with him and see what he thinks.

I think I might know you.. I think you are on the same yard as my sister and her two kids with their ponies Archie and Lulu?... well your horse looks very similar to one that someone very kindly let them do some in hand showing with a few weeks ago that has a name beginning with E :p

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Ah, only round the corner from me then! I will have a chat with him and see what he thinks.

I think I might know you.. I think you are on the same yard as my sister and her two kids with their ponies Archie and Lulu?... well your horse looks very similar to one that someone very kindly let them do some in hand showing with a few weeks ago that has a name beginning with E :p
Yes, that's me.
It was Matt who made sure E knew his in hand stuff, and you saw how well he did with the kids.

jnb

Visit site
Recommend Morris & Smith Equine Services nr Melton Mowbray, fab set up and Glen will long rein superbly if needed - over ditches jumps etc. They have gallops, XC, indoor and outdoor.