Personalised Horse Figurine/model..

The Snowman

Visit site
I seem to recall that there was a company or person in the UK that made personalised horse models/figurines specific to your own horse, generally the horse was lying down I think? I can't remember what material it was made out of but it wasn't stone or anything like that, more like soft material type?

Does anyone know who makes these or can recommend anywhere that may be able to help?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
well arty lobster 3D print some terrible looking ones :) but they aren't lying down.

It is possible to get model horses custom painted too. I picked a copperfox welsh cob for mine and paid someone to paint it as my boy and am super pleased with it. If you can find a model that suits (and there are a lot and people can advise) that can be the way to go.
If I have a moment of inspiration on soft models I shall come back!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Was it a Schleich or CollectA model that had been painted by a model horse custom artist? They are a softer plastic IIRC.

There is a forum member on here that has posted about their custom CollectAs and they were lovely. Maybe they are still doing them?

It also depends how much you want to spend, but Peter Stone does custom painted horses. https://www.stonehorses.com/custom-model-horses/portrait-horse-resins.html

A cheaper option would be to find a 'body' (2nd hand Breyer, Peter Stone, Copperfox etc...) that looks like the horse shapewise and then get a UK artist to paint it. Deb Brown is in the UK and is very well regarded for her custom paintjobs.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It was leo walker I think but I think she has stopped but there are plenty of really good artists to pick from, meadowview artistry did Frank :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Ahh yes, I knew she's changed her name but I hadn't quite twigged what the new one was yet. It's a shame that she's stopped as they were beautifully done.

The Snowman

Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions and help everyone!! :D I've got a few options to try now... I believe the ones I was thinking about was indeed the ones that lay on the edge of the shelf, does anyone have a link to that one or know who does them?

Thanks for the offer Leo Walker, much appreciated :) I will message you!