pet insurance......?????

belly

Visit site
I have always insured my greyhound cross but as I am now coming to the end of my 6 weeks free insurance with 16 week old lurcher x I thought I would get a quote from company (same company for both policies) and also arrange policy for 3 1/2 year old English Springer at the same time (never had him ins before.) I was gobsmacked when they quoted me £45 a month....and found him very difficult to understand on the phone and he would nt let me go. I had to be quite rude in the end!!!
The quotes are on the advanced cover basis ie, not limited to 12 months!!
I have phoned 4 companies for quotes which range from £31 to £38 a month. with vets claims from £4000 for the cheapest quote and £6500 for the most expensive.
Do you insure your dogs and if so what level of cover do you pay for???
Confused!!!

SSM

Visit site
More Than - cannot recommend them highly enough - I pay £19.99 a month for Bumble Dog - to date this year they have paid out more than £5,000

lizzie_liz

Visit site
Our little dog is with PAWS, not sure how much my parents pay a month for him but we have vet fees for £6000. We claimed all £6000 last year when he was in a hit and run, which in the end was £8500.
On renewal we had no increase payment, no exclusions and anoter £6000 of vet fees. They paid out very quickly.

woolly

Visit site
Cannot recommend Pet plan highly enough. We used to insure ( he has recently died) our wolfhound with them at £40 a month. Excess was £95 but we are in a high band area and we have claimed over £10,000 for him and were not penalised Plus he was a ginat breed. He was insured unlimited so they paid out no questions asked every time. The total yearly cost was around £5-600 yet the synoquin that he was on cost more than that a year and Petplan paid for that too!!!
Pet plan all the way!

Nelliebelly

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Do they cover for more than the initial 12 months?? Wonder if they are cheaper if they are smaller. Are you at work then??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes at work but skiving! As far as I remember the cover is for £7000 per illness for the life of that illness if you see what I mean but double check in case I'm being a pilchard again! I expect Harv and Tara would be dearer but it's worth giving them a try and you might get a multi animal discount. Think it might be cheaper if you do it online.

belly

Visit site
Thanks. Have just called them and have done all three for £28 a month!!!
The £7000 is per illness but tbh if an illness was costing that much I would seriously have to consider quality of life anyway.
Very nice young man on the phone too....what a bonus, lol!!