Pet plan regionals, how?

KidnapMoss

Visit site
So 4.30 am, baby fast asleep but I'm wide awake for some reason and thinking about next years competition season!

I'd really like to aim to qualify my pony for the pet plan regionals at prelim level. He is not a typical BD type, he is a 12 hands exmoor. I thought it would be good to show what the breed can do!!!!!

So my question is....how? I would like to register him but may have to wait until my birthday in feb and ask husband very nicely for it as a present.

In the meantime I compete at my local competition centre (half moon) and regularly do their unaffiliated comps but last Thursday entered their affiliated competition and did the long arena prelim class (15) in the restricted section. I was really pleased with my score 66.09% it was more or less what everyone else in the open section got. I'm trying to work out the BD website, do I just keep my sheets if the scores over 63%? Then if I get three scores over 63% do I send them somewhere or register? Sorry if this all seems really basic! Any help would be appreciated.

Walrus

Visit site
Are you registered with BD? If you are either not registered or you are an associate member (it's free to register as an associate on the BD website) then you can only enter the open section of the prelim competitions.

For Petplan area festivals (regionals is something different) you can collect your prelim sheets and just send them in when you enter the area festival (I think you need 3 sheets over 63%). You can collect your sheets whilst you and the horse are not registered but you must both be registered by the time you enter the actual area festival.

If you wanted to do regionals then you need to be a full member as for that you need to collect prelim points which are only awarded in the restricted sections of orelim competitions.

The BD office are really helpful if you ring them with any questions.

:)

KidnapMoss

Visit site
Great thank you! I am an associate member. I have one sheet towards my three, and must have got muddled up between regionals and area. I would only be doing the prelim! I am a BRC member and they have a category of membership for this but I'll ring the BD office on Monday to clarify everything. Hopfully I can one day post some pics of my pony competing at the areas or regionals! Something to aim for :)

meardsall_millie

Visit site
For Prelim you need 3 x sheets at 62% or over. Unfortunately the sheet you have won't count for next year as the qualification period starts again on 1st January. You can be an Associate Member to get your sheets but need to upgrade to Full membership for the Area Festival.

Here's a link to the main rules, more detailed info is in the full rule book on the BD website.

http://www.britishdressage.co.uk/uploads/File/How to Qualify for Area Festivals 2014.pdf

KidnapMoss

Visit site
Thank you! Ok, I will try and collect my three from the first of January :) he's been consistently getting high sixties at unaff so though we would give the affiliated a bash, and although I was the only one in the restricted section there was only a couple of marks between me and the first placed horse. So that made me wonder if we should have something to aim for. People are always surprised to see him warm up amongst big warmbloods but he's very obedient and correct. The judge on Thursday called him charming in her comments :)

Thank you both for your help. How exciting, I've not done much this year due to having a baby, really excited to give myself a goal to aim for :)