Peter gledhill

hotdog

Visit site
Would people recommend him or not as a farrier or trimmer? Pm me if preferred.

Mine's retired and I need to find a new one

pearcider

Visit site
Very good farrier does all of our yard very reliable. Also very well thought of by various vets who he works with for remedial shoes. Also good with tricky horses... And I'm a very very fussy person!!

queenb

Visit site
He is fab :) can't recommend him enough. He has always done my horses on the current yard I'm at. At the moment he's been doing a lot of work with my 1* event horse who has always had really tricky feet, growing no foot, collapsing in the heel, various holes in her feet etc. Pete has been liasing with the vet and myself and working wonders. He is always at the end of the phone and is very upto date with all the latest shoeing techniques and products. Would recommend him to anyone !

LynH

Visit site
Another vote from me. He started shoeing one of mine after a year barefoot. He was very sympathetic to my nerves re shoeing and made minimal adjustments to her feet. He left her hinds bare and is always happy to advise whether to shoe or not. At one point he advised me take shoes off all of mine. I have one trim, one with fronts only and a full set all done by Pete and I am pleased with them all.
I had problems with one horse having abscesses and he came out every other day to help and he has helped my friend with her horse's remedial shoeing, meeting with the vet each time and going out of his way to coordinate with vet and owner. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

patchwork puzzle

Visit site
Another vote from me. My two are both trims and he does a fabulous job. Always polite and in time. My little pony could be very difficult for the farrier but when Pete does the trimming he is as quiet as a lamb, and when he did have shoes on in the past, Pete was always gentle and patient with him. I wouldnt want anyone else doing Teddy, particularly if he were ever shod again.

Firewell

Visit site
He did not do a good job with my horse. My horse kept tripping, called the vet out and he took one look at his feet and said they were awful, toes too long and heels too high. Have since gone back to my old farrier.
I guess you win some, you lose some!

meggull

Visit site
Pete was recommended to me by my vet for my horse who has had no end of feet issues. He has done a fantastic job and is incredibly patient and generous with his time, no concerns at all with using him.

Gucci_b

Visit site
Pete is very good, he was always on time and never in a rush with the horses. Very accommodating if you needed him between appointments. I would recommend :)

[100855]

Visit site
Another vote.. He is excellent, really patient and kind to the horses, does a good job. And he is a nice person too.

picture.php