Petition - Compulsory section in the driving Test/Theory on how to pass Animals ...

quirky

Visit site
I had a learner car pass me the other day, driven by the instructor.
No deceleration, in fact, absolutely no sign that she actually saw me, which she must have done.

I thought then, what hope is there if the instructor doesn't acknowledge that she isn't the only road user :eek:.

I have therefore signed it :)

Eaglestone

Visit site
:)
I had a learner car pass me the other day, driven by the instructor.
No deceleration, in fact, absolutely no sign that she actually saw me, which she must have done.

I thought then, what hope is there if the instructor doesn't acknowledge that she isn't the only road user :eek:.

I have therefore signed it :)

When I go out riding with my friend on her horse, the same thing happens to me regularly and I will one day say something to the Tutor, but don't want to do it in front of one of his pupils :eek:

Thanks to all of you that has signed the petition

Eaglestone

Visit site
Happy to support once riders also pass a test to show that they and their horse/pony are safe to be on a public highway
I can see where you are coming from, but that does not excuse the behaviour of many drivers out there, just because of niaivity (or ignorance perhaps).

I agree wholeheartedly that all riders out there should pass the BHS Riding and Road Safety Examination. I for one took it many years ago and failed on the first attempt as it was so hard. :mad:

norfolk_grump

Visit site
As this is an equestrian forum, I hope that you agree that a horse and rider are a team. A team is only as strong as the weakest part. All horse/rider combinations should pas a road proficiency test. (as in all cars need a yearly test and all drivers hold a licence)