Petition to curb RSPCA prosecutions

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
So claiming keep expenses and worming expenses for long since dead horses is not corruption??

Of course it is. But it is one case in thousands, it was done by probably a rogue tiny number of people, it is not evidence of systemic corruption, far less of systemic persecution of the frail and ill.

I have always said that there are issues to be sorted, which is why I signed the petition.

A parliamentary enquiry is scheduled. The hysterical claims on this thread are, ime, so far as the evidence we have available, unfounded. On the whole, the RSPCA does a great job.

Last edited:

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
I will certainly ask but can you tell me why it should matter who started the petition? The whole point is that the issues are important and need addressing, hence the interest from government, the possible EFRA inquiry and the Wooler report.

because if the petitioner is the Carolyn Shires responsible for neglecting her many, many animals for which she was found guilty by a court of law, then I wouldn't wee on her if she was on fire, let alone sign anything with her name on it.

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
I have not seen one poster on here who has suggested the RSPCA should not investigate. The point is their prosecutions should come under more scrutiny .Why is there such a big issue with the CPS taking over the prosecution as it is unlikely to cost the tax payer any more than it does already and possibly less.

Just for your Info the instigator runs a donkey sanctuary and do not as far as I am aware have anything to do with hunting and neither does the petition. You may not be aware also the RSPCA has already stated it will not prosecute any more hunting cases so thats not really a valid point.

Is this the 'instigator?' https://m.facebook.com/vanah.horses/posts/870593609659654 She's got it in for The Donkey Sanctuary too. It must be a conspiracy.(rolls eyes)

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site

And? A forum user called Poison Pen has stated an opinion about the Donkey Sanctuary vet & linked an article regarding the seizure of donkey. That's what happens if you don't provide appropriate care. Half the field was a flood plain, no solid shelter from the rain & overgrown feet. Plus this donkey was elderly. Donkeys require shelter from rain as they have no waterproofing in their coats & if soaked through & cold (& especially if they elderly) are highly susceptible to pneumonia. Donkeys feet need dry standing. They are, again, highly susceptible to seedy toe. Nigel Weller may be an expert on law but he needs to brush up on his knowledge regarding looking after donkeys.