PETPLAN AND THEIR TOTALLY ABYSMAL SERVICE

GrassChop

Visit site
PetPlan and E&L are owned by the same parent company so it sounds like PP has sunk to the appalling levels of E&L rather than bringing E&L standards up.
I know a few vet clinics that don't accept direct payment from PP for this reason.
About 15 years ago i had to contact the ombudsman as PP were playing the game where they pretend not to have received a claim that had been mailed , emailed and even faxed.
I think raising a formal complaint is the way to go ,it might finally get their attention

I didn't know this. I've always had a brilliant service from E&L. I thought they were the Insurance Emporium now.

paddy555

Visit site
right chaps, hold on tight I don't want anyone fainting from shock.:eek::eek: They have paid.

The current claim (for the last week) was submitted yesterday, I had acknowledgement of it at 4.52am today and just now at 12.05pm they have told me the last claim I have been moaning about has been paid.

Either a very big coincidence or the current claim has moved the earlier one forward in their admin. system.

whatever, that is one less worry and now we have the current one. At this rate we will be hitting the 7k limit and I shall be paying for my "gold plated dog"and his still undiagnosed problems.

SEL

Visit site
right chaps, hold on tight I don't want anyone fainting from shock.:eek::eek: They have paid.

The current claim (for the last week) was submitted yesterday, I had acknowledgement of it at 4.52am today and just now at 12.05pm they have told me the last claim I have been moaning about has been paid.

Either a very big coincidence or the current claim has moved the earlier one forward in their admin. system.

whatever, that is one less worry and now we have the current one. At this rate we will be hitting the 7k limit and I shall be paying for my "gold plated dog"and his still undiagnosed problems.
Maybe someone reads the forum!!!

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I took petplan to the insurance ombudsman, after their refusal to pay out my horses first claim (3k) for pathetic reasons, my vet (practice owner) even wrote directly to them to no avail.. I ended up winning my case and they were made to pay out. I ended up cancelling shortly after because of the frankly ABSURD exclusions they tacked on at my renewal, which pretty much covered them for never paying out for anything ever again. I wouldn't bother wasting your time trying to reason with them, it ends up very "computer says no" just go after them through the ombudsman.

I had to do the same with NFU. I am beginning to wonder if insurance is worth it at all.

paddy555

Visit site
I had to do the same with NFU. I am beginning to wonder if insurance is worth it at all.

I thought NFU were one of the better ones mind you I thought that about PP so my judgement is rubbish.

I am going to be wondering what to do at the renewal. I guess there will be exclusions which will be their get out clause for any future claims on anything, the premiums will rise and I suspect my dog will need medicating for life which admittedly could be a lot shorter than I was anticipating. It won't be easy to change companies due to his history and no real firm diagnosis.

This is the first animal I have insured.

flying_high

Visit site
I thought NFU were one of the better ones mind you I thought that about PP so my judgement is rubbish.

Traditionally PP, NFU and KBIS have always been good horse insurance companies (I know less about small animal insurance). I thought small animal insurance didnt normally have exclusions if stay with same company unlike horse insurance? Read your small print (if you haven't already).

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
My PP claim has also just been paid, so if someone on the forum is linked to them, thanks for your help!! ?. I'm with NFU for the horse and they have been much slower than previously and not brilliant service (although better than the cat claim!). Glad you got your big claim paid OP, what a relief. Hope you can get your dog sorted too. ?

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk

I am going to be wondering what to do at the renewal. I guess there will be exclusions which will be their get out clause for any future claims on anything, the premiums will rise and I suspect my dog will need medicating for life which admittedly could be a lot shorter than I was anticipating. It won't be easy to change companies due to his history and no real firm diagnosis.

This is the first animal I have insured.

I'd been with NFU for 10 years at that point, one tiny claim for a horse I had before. Had my lorry with them when I had one, never bothered them. Then boom, they tried to say that my horse had a pre-existing conditon, even went to the vet he was previously registered with after demanding that I send them his vaccination record which had bugger all do with his legs. And even though that vet said nope, he'd only ever seen them for Vaccs, still dragged it out. Rossdales were very patient and said that NFU had got like that. In the end I had to take them to Ombudsman and magically my bill got paid. It was all very stressful and took about 6 months to resolve. But then I know of people that have had multiple successful claims that were acting dodgy so no idea why they picked on me!
I am with KBIS now, they have been straightforward for me.

paddy555

Visit site
thought I would update. PP have now paid everything claimed by the vet, the last 2 claims have been small ones for meds.

I have received a phone call from their complaints dept, many apologies and they mentioned the most important letter in the alphabet.

The C word. Always a favourite of mine. (compensation)
£60, not a lot but a welcome gesture.