Petplan Equine

sunleychops

Visit site
Is anyone insured with Petplan Equine? If so did you send of a vetting certificate.

Im confused by the wording on the website which says i must show any vet certificates that I hold.....I dont hold any.

Hes only insured for £1000 and the only thing on his vet record is vaccinations.

Thankyou muchly :)

sunleychops

Visit site
Age of Horse 12 Years
Value of Horse 1000
Activity Group 3
Your Choice of Cover
Death, Theft & Straying Sum insured £1000
Third party liability £1 Million
Personal Accident and Dental £10,000
Vet Fees £5,000
Permanent Loss of Use 100% of sum insured

Vetting Requirements

Please note our minimum vetting requirements are as follows. Should you choose to purchase this insurance cover you will be asked to supply the relevant veterinary examination certificate, which must be no older than 30 days.

A BVA Mortality Certificate for:

Any foal aged between 30 days and 1 year of age
Any horse valued in excess of £5000 without Loss of Use cover
A BVA 5 Stage Veterinary Certificate for

Any horse valued in excess of £2500 with Loss of Use cover
Please note you must complete this field to continue

This is what they have told me.

I just want to confirm i dont need any vet certs before i hand over the money for them to cancel on me!

Bertolie

Visit site
As your horse is only insured for 1000 you do not need to send any vet certs. I have just insured both of mine with petplan, both valued below 1500 and didn't have to provide betting certificates.

mcnaughty

Visit site
I took out Petplan insurance a couple of weeks ago - web site said I did not need 5 stage at under £5K but today received a letter saying I do. Not impressed - I thought she was insured all this time! Will be going elsewhere!

wallykissmas

Visit site
What I took it to mean was if you want to insure for a foal between 30 days and 1 year, a horse over 5k or a 5 stage vet cert if the horse is under £2500 with LOU.

Maybe I have it wrong .....

Bertolie

Visit site
You need vetting certificate for horse valued in excess of 2500 if you have insured for loss of use. It's over 5000 if you don't take out loss of use option.

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I have both of mine insured with Petplan and didn't need a vets cert for either, although I only have them insured for a few hundred pounds as it's the vets fees I'm bothered about.

Racergirl

Visit site
It will almost certainally be becuase you have said you want loss of use.

To be fair to PP (and any other insurance co!) people cant expect them to cover for loss of use without some sort of proof that the horse is ok to start with....

(not that Im saying that you do think that, its just a general comment!)